Ford Torino,one carefull owner!

Hi folk's not really a car builder(it's all that high gloss finishing stretching my patience) but I love this iconic car and when it was re-released earlier this year

I grabbed one,I got off to a good start but it's sat since the summer 95% finished so today I pushed on and completed it,thank's for looking and no bonnet

sliding when you take the car out later!

20171207_113157

20171207_113133

20171207_113048

20171207_113025

20171207_113018

• Like 18

8 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Cracking paint finish there Stev

looks a lot better than your current run around  Owch  :think:

beefy

Cheers Beefy,got the call today write off!

Steve

Always good to build something a bit different from time-to-time and I also like the older American cars.  

your finish looks excellent to me and you should be justly proud of this one.  Being a brush painter, it would be difficult for me to get an ultra smooth paint finish so will have to 'park' any thoughts of a car build ............

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

That's a really nice build Steve. Great finish.

How did you do the chrome surrounds to the windows, if you don't mind me asking?

8 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

Being a brush painter, it would be difficult for me to get an ultra smooth paint finish so will have to 'park' any thoughts of a car build ............

Dave, you can get some really good results with spray cans (Tamiya rattle cans or Halfords own, for example)

ATB
Rick

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

Steve

Always good to build something a bit different from time-to-time and I also like the older American cars.  

your finish looks excellent to me and you should be justly proud of this one.  Being a brush painter, it would be difficult for me to get an ultra smooth paint finish so will have to 'park' any thoughts of a car build ............

Regards

Dave

Thank's Dave,I did use the airbrush and Tamiya gloss red forthis one,but if you well thin humbrol gloss a good brush finish is possible

I'mjust starting a D H otter in a gloss yellow finish in the Matchbox GB using the brush.

Thank's Rick,I used humbrol silver enamel with a fine thin brush for the window and wheel arch surround's.

8 minutes ago, Spad said:

That's a really nice build Steve. Great finish.

How did you do the chrome surrounds to the windows, if you don't mind me asking?

Dave, you can get some really good results with spray cans (Tamiya rattle cans or Halfords own, for example)

ATB
Rick

• Thanks 1

On 07/12/2017 at 13:37, Alpha Delta 210 said:

What a beauty. Brings back good memories. Does the kit come with the red beacon for the roof?

Many thank's,yes its in the kit.

• 2 weeks later...

This sure brings back memories! :D

Well build model of  a great car :goodjob: - must have one myself! :hmmm:

I watched the 'Starsky and Hutch' series when I was a kid, allthough on german TV-channel (ARD?) as it wasn't on the Danish television!

Same with Star Trek which I watched as 'Raumschiff Enterprise'

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1

Great looking Torino. I just had flashbacks of starsky & hutch talking to huggybear. My friend had one of these in the later 80’s when he got his first car. His was blue with an orange stripe. Dont know that was original or repaint but i can remember it clearly. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Excellent build and finish☺. Just bought one on a visit to Trowbridge. Now have to build up the confidence to build. If it turns out anywhere near as good as yours I be more than happy!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...