kit (& bits?) for a Belgian Sea King 48 in 1/72.

stevehnz

I've just bought some Daco decals for one of these, I would like to do the later version with the big radar dome, the only Sea King kit I have is an older Airfix one with a yellow rescue scheme in the markings ( I think, I've not looked at it for yonks). What should I be looking at to do one of the Belgian ones, kit/after market, in 1/72? Push comes to shove I would do the earlier version with the thimble like dome on the spine, the decals have both versions & the schemes are much the same but I do like the chunkier look of the later ones.

Steve

I agree Revelll is probably the best way to go.  Sponsons are a bit undersized though - Whirlybird do some replacements for £3.00

George

Edited by boffin
speeling

Looks like a Revellit is what I should be looking out for then. Andy, I've already book marked your build against the day. I think tracking down a reasonably priced revell Sea King might be the hardest part in the short term, best I get on with it. :)

Steve/

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, boffin said:

I agree Revelll is probably the best way to go.  Sponsons are a bit undersized though - Whirlybird do some replacements for £3.00

George

could you not use the airfix ones? Also not sure what blades the Belgiums have fitted I presume they have composite rather than metal blades but you never know

Other than the old Airfix Seaking I mentioned above, I get a bit confused on Airfix examples. AFAIK, there is a new tool one in a Commando kit but without the side floats/sponsors. Trying to look them up on Scalemates just confuses the hell out of me.

Steve.

Thanks guys, I can find the Airfix HAR.3 starter set somewhat easier than the Revell kit. Afaics, neither it nor the Commando kit have the big Sea Searcher dome, so I guess I'll have to fabricate one or see if anyone has one left over after modelling an earlier version, other than that, it looks promising. I'll wait till I have the kit before asking about detail differences if needs be.

Steve.