KC-97L Stratotanker

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:14 AM, Britman said:

Brilliant, great finish. What happened to the cockpit glazing?  Accident or choice? 

When I sprayed the cockpit canopy inside I forgot to mask window interior, no big deal as it still looks okay and wasn't worthy of removing to fix. Thanks for your comments. 

Mark

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Recently took this kit to a show along with a dozen other similar builds. Was quit discouraged at the days end, not because I didn't place with a medal, but rather that I didn't receive one comment on any of my builds and decided to give up the hobby as it seemed beyond my capabilities. My wife encouraged me to keep on and go back and read the comments all of you posted on my builds. Thanks to all of you!! I'm back at it.

Thanks again,

Mark

• Like 4

You didn't receive any compliments on this model?! Sorry to badmouth the show attendees, but they must be blind. I don't know about your other builds, but your KC-97L is a beautiful build. Please keep up the great work!

Best Regards,

Jason

That's very well done.

I've never used craft acrylics, but I rather like Vallejo metallic acrylics; a reasonable finish with none of the smell of Alclad, andf you can use Tamiya gloss black as a primer.

14 hours ago, Mark Strasser said:

Recently took this kit to a show along with a dozen other similar builds. Was quit discouraged at the days end, not because I didn't place with a medal, but rather that I didn't receive one comment on any of my builds and decided to give up the hobby as it seemed beyond my capabilities. My wife encouraged me to keep on and go back and read the comments all of you posted on my builds. Thanks to all of you!! I'm back at it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Well I'm glad you posted it here as there is only one word for it - absolutely stunningly brilliant (I know, thats three!). I find at shows, sometimes I get some encouraging and complementary comments and questions and other times the whole day passes without anyone saying a word! Just the way it is I guess.

Can you tell us more about the paint finish? The metallics used and the dayglo?

Thanks for sharing.

Terry

18 hours ago, Mark Strasser said:

Mark

Don't know how  missed this.. Brilliant, great job. Like the paint job, Silver shades very good.

Is it me or have you got an asymmetric flap lockout problem, Left  full Flap, Right set for Take off ?

Well done Mark.