A few from USS Intrepid

camper1

Hi Folks

Taken from the other side of Intrepid a few different views of the aircraft.

This was our second port of call after Boston and our ship docked right next to Intrepid,I visited the carrier a couple of years ago and it looks as if the only new aircraft is the F16 so I didn't visit again, instead I went with my wife shopping only to stop the credit card suffering from friction burns.

Cheers

Ian

h5xSaUR.jpg
1O9hUSz.jpg
9VJvD83.jpg
BjruE50.jpg
Qt1gl59.jpg
yfdZvwR.jpg
TETxsxd.jpg
e53BXum.jpg
J2UmIQI.jpg
IS77mJg.jpg
26ute8b.jpg
ZicupGQ.jpg
iKUKS4y.jpg
GOOTgJC.jpg
M5cHMuI.jpg
6kvdcps.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers for sharing Ian,

For those of us who are unlikely ever to make it to New York it is nice to see what this interesting carrier has to offer,.... it is a shame that the deck has non naval aircraft in among those which `belong' but hey,.... whatever `floats yer boat',......pun intended!

Tony 

I believe there are more  carrier based types and some non US types aboard but not shown among the above photos. A Scimitar for example.  Not been there yet but with the current climate in the US its unlikely I will visit.

Big shame Concorde is left in a watery surround...

The Scimitar moved on some years ago  along with a couple of other exhibits when the Space Shuttle arrived.

From what I can gather it it now resides in an upstate New York museum.

Below decks the following can be seen,Avenger,FJ4 Fury A4 Skyhawk and an HUP2 helicopter.

Cheers

Ian