B-26-B-20 Martin Marauder ‘Fightin Cock’

Nils

B-26B-20 Martin Marauder of the 450 B.Sqn, somewhere over France in 1944. 

This particular airplane 41-31765 ‘Fightin Cock’, was written off 12 august 1944 due to Flak damage. It crashed while it did a wheels up emergency landing, skidding into the airbase tower on it's home airfield killing the pilot and co-pilot, before coming to a halt. 

I’ve always loved the colourful and fancy looking Marauders, despite a rather fringy reputation in it’s early carreer days. I still think it’s one of the best looking ww2 US bomber. 

Everything is 3D modelled and rendered in Modo 902, with just a little post render work in Photoshop

https://flic.kr/p/HhCn8z (the link to a larger copy)

hope you like it ..

Fightin_Cock_2500

• Like 2

I've taken a long hard, close look, and I can't tell that it isn't a 100% real photo. Amazing job, of which I am very envious!

And yes, she does look beautiful. 

Thanks Gorby

I started building it last august and still ain't finished detailing her. No gears are done and interior positions are still very rough modelled.

I've done two version this B-20 and the B-50, but to be honest there's so many variants, I'm not really sure myself :)

The biggest visual differences from what I've found out, is the design of the tail gunner positions and the different windscreen window layouts.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

I've updated the image somewhat, added two Marauders to the scene, changed the angle and light some and increased the image size.

I personally think it's better now ..

Three_B-26_Muskeeters_2500