British AFV Group Build

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Dennis, please don't give up on your idea ! Just a bit of tweaking and it may well result in something with good potential to get enough votes.

If you want to focus on postwar types, then simply expanding to other vehicles may well be enough. A postwar British Army GB could raise quite some interest !

It's undeniable that the vast majority of modellers here (and in Europe in general) is focused on aircrafts but ehi, I'm an aircraft modeller and yet I'd be interested in this !

Voting would not be until November 2018, you have 10 full months to get enough interested parties and then try to convince modellers to vote, there's plenty of time

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone ... I did get a bit frazzled and thought about quitting this. Im in to the bitter end on this for good or bad. Thanks for all the encouragement. I really am looking for some input from any or everyone that might be interested.

Dennis 

• Like 1

I'd be up for this. Have loads of 1/76 and 1/72 subjects to build!

On 31/12/2017 at 16:52, Sgt.Squarehead said:

However you guys decide to frame this GB, I'm in.....I've god a mad urge to build a Challenger II, in 1/35!!!!!  :mental: 

Are you feeling ok Sarge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2017 at 6:46 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The next is a Challenger 2 which has seen use in both Afghanistan and Iraq in recent times.

6FsyNEp.jpg

Dennis

* any photographs used are strictly information use. All rights belong to original owners.

Small correction - Challenger 2 wasn’t deployed to Afghanistan. The only western tanks to serve there were Danish Leopard 2s, Canadian Leopard 1 & 2 variants, and USMC Abrams’. Interesting concept for a GB. 

• Thanks 1

@GMK ... Let me know we need 15 more sign-ups just to qualify for the voting in November. If we make the top 9 at the end of November we are in. Then it would be 2019 or 2020 easily. Plenty of time i think to finish the Australian M1A1. Its looking good so far. 

• Like 1