I'm not an expert so ..... a Mossie question!

RidgeRunner

Hi all,

I'm curious. I have acquired a LF Models decal set for a Dominican Mosquito. It states it as being a FB.6. However, all the pictures I can find show these machines as having 4-blade props. As far as I know - not an expert remember - the FB.6 had 3-blade props, didn't it? Whats the story and if I want to convert my decal sheet to a built model what is the best kit and how do I get it to being the 4-blade version?

Thanks.

Martin 

The 4-blade props were fitted to some late Mosquitos.  When Airfix revised their (later) Mosquito kit to an NF.Mk.19 they provided 4-blade props for the Swedish alternative in the kit, so that could be one source for you.  The kit itself is probably difficult to find but people may have the 4-blade props in their spares box.   4-blade props are also needed for the "Highball" Mosquitos, so they may be available in conversion sets (although I can't think of one offhand that included them).

• Like 1

Hi

I bought some of these a while back 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/558823-maestro-models-k7278-2-x-dh-mosquito-4-blade-props

i got mine from hannants or e-bay 

there are 1:72 and 1:48 sets 

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

1 hour ago, Beefy said:

Blackbird Models do a set in 72nd scale 

http://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/mosquito-4-bladed-propellers-72-1261-p.asp

"A pair of 4 bladed propellers for any Mosquito kit. Suitable for Swedish, Turkish and Dominican Republic air force aircraft."

Excellent everyone. thank you. I just ordered from Blackbird.

next question: what is the best kit of the FB6 in 1/72?

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner