Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

• 2 weeks later...

I had signed to the original Whatif IV and Sci-fi GBs, so count me in for this one. I have several Luft46 candidates and also a Space:1999 Eagle Transporter in 1/48. I'd decide exactly what to do closer to the start of the GB.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

On 06/01/2018 at 5:04 PM, Sabre_days said:

Welcome aboard, thanks for joining in! Apologies for the slow response, I was having trouble accessing the site between Christmas and New Year's (internet was working fine, but for some reason this site wouldn't load).

I though it may have been Santa or the modelling fairies at work updating their builds! Gosh I wish the modelling fairies would have worked their magic on some of my stalled builds!!! 

I've got a wee resin (1/72nd) Viper Mk. VII from Battlestar Galactica that can also be added to my planned build as well

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on timing, but I'd possibly step out of my comfort zone and attempt one maybe two cars in the shape of the main protagonist vehicles from the movie Bullitt.

Cheers M.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

One build I definitely want to include in this GB if it goes ahead is Bandai's 1:350 Millennium Falcon (the Vehicle Series mini-kit) built as a generic Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300 pushing a cargo train, like in this unused sketch from the Force Awakens Incredible Cross-Sections book (I think I heard somewhere that the concept had been suggested before in an early source in the old Star Wars Legends expanded universe, but had largely been forgotten). The sketch didn't make it in, but the idea was alluded to in the text and I remember when I first looked over the TFA cross-sections book when the movie came out in December 2015 I loved the idea: suddenly the Falcon's configuration made a lot more sense - not only the lack of significant cargo space on an interstellar freighter, but also its utility as a smuggling craft...overworked Imperial customs officers likely couldn't be bothered to inspect every "empty" tug passing through a system too closely...

Edited by Sabre_days
  • Like 2

Go on then, you can add my name too. Do have a fair size stash of Star Wars kits. Actually although I may not enter one due to large parts count - is gundam allowed? They are featured in Japanese TV shows or how about a car/truck that represents a Transformer - will be quite impressed if someone managed to build a Mustang cop car as Barricade B)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

is gundam allowed? They are featured in Japanese TV shows or how about a car/truck that represents a Transformer

Id say yes to both the Gundam or Transformers as a build. They both  easily qualify for A.) Sci-fi, B.) Movies (Anime & live action), & C.) TV (again Anime & animation if you consider the old Transformers cartoons). Considering they cover the spectrum I feel your all good. Though as I’m only a co-host I will let @Sabre_days add his thoughts to this decision. Of course Star Wars would be nice as well. 

Dennis

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Go on then, you can add my name too. Do have a fair size stash of Star Wars kits. Actually although I may not enter one due to large parts count - is gundam allowed? They are featured in Japanese TV shows or how about a car/truck that represents a Transformer - will be quite impressed if someone managed to build a Mustang cop car as Barricade B)

Welcome aboard, thanks for joining in! As Dennis already said, both Gundam and Transformers would be eligible for either Sci-Fi or Movie and TV...both great choices (and there's always room for more Star Wars, of course).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...