The Long Last March

I have been working on this 1/35 Dio for a while now,it is simple in it's build,a dry rocky barren area void of any real vegetation,water crossing is meant to be a muddy almost dry river bed,I have a book with a scene that gave me the idea,the Germans are being Marched to a final end for most of them,naturally there is thousands of them,but my Dio represents just a few,I have so many figures left over from other builds thought I would put them to good use for this project,still have a lot of detail painting on the figures to do,just have them in place to give me a balance,think I have it right?Any and all comments will be welcome,and just in case THAT is a nanny got he is trying to milk:D Cheers.

.tn_3a730e83-852a-49fb-b401-d546cbc91d1c.tn_457630a8-f710-41be-97ab-121694b48353.tn_b7387071-d430-4100-8fb2-621d414c5b75. tn_68ad47fc-f92e-4ba2-ba3d-2b357e435afb.tn_f194e61b-af54-40b4-9483-3bcfe48d3553.tn_5dbb1356-8a93-4a4e-9c79-d5f6e2db0f9e.tn_de39bcb8-c32c-4e1c-a428-6343f629730a.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, clive_t said:

That must have been a lot of work Jim! Nice composition on the figures too, several little vignettes all on the one dio. Lots to see - another nice one. :thumbsup2:

Thanks Clive,the base Dio was not that hard,but again the figures have taken most of the time,some I had to modify,and the goat would not stand still to let me tie it up:D,I have to paint more detail on the faces and clothing of each figure,again thanks for the kind comments Cheers. 

That is a remarkable evocative diorama Jim. The guards look like Russian troops, so the prisoners would have known that they were walking to their deaths. Things like this remind me how lucky we are, not to have been born into such a horrendous time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gorby said:

That is a remarkable evocative diorama Jim. The guards look like Russian troops, so the prisoners would have known that they were walking to their deaths. Things like this remind me how lucky we are, not to have been born into such a horrendous time.

Thanks Gorby,very right about being evocative,that was my emotion when I saw the photo that gave me the idea,yes all wars were a terrible time for all,Thanks for your kind comments.Cheers. 

• Like 1

Good job Jim,

A clever use of all those spare figures and an evocative diorama to boot. Any chance of larger photos or are they too expensive to send here from there?;)

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1