Academy Magach 6B Gal Batash

On 06/12/2017 at 08:02, BlackMax12 said:

Thanks Kev

Yours looks better than mine, I really like the sandy weathering.  What did you use for that?

Lloyd

Thanks mate, perhaps I've just had more practice.  The weathering (sand) is Mig Ammo Middle East pigment. 

Edited by Kev The Modeller

Thanks Kev

The pigment is out as none of the pigments and washes are available locally and I've yet to find someone who will ship them to Canada.

I tried making some pigment/dust with talcum powder and a little Tamiya Deck Tan to simulate sandy dust.  It turned into a cake I had to grind into fine powder again and the results brushed

on to that Achzarit were just so-so.  Another wasted effort, but don't know without trying.

Lloyd

Thanks Stix

For a cheap kit, it even has the old cutouts for a motor and the battery box molded into the lower hull, it actually turned out decent.

There's a Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV Type F2 at the LHS and I keep saying "no no no" but something keeps pushing me towards a Grey Pkz IV.  Maybe it's following your grey

build..........got to resist, just got to.  But maybe a Christmas gift to me, maybe.

Lloyd

1 hour ago, BlackMax12 said:

Thanks Kev

The pigment is out as none of the pigments and washes are available locally and I've yet to find someone who will ship them to Canada.

I tried making some pigment/dust with talcum powder and a little Tamiya Deck Tan to simulate sandy dust.  It turned into a cake I had to grind into fine powder again and the results brushed

on to that Achzarit were just so-so.  Another wasted effort, but don't know without trying.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd 

Try AK or Vallejo pigments they're all pretty much the same mate.  

Thanks Pete

No I think they probably replaced quite a bit and surprised that old chassis can carry all of the extra weight, if it is even the old chassis.  It's amazing what they can do with the old 

stuff like the T-55 to Achzarit and the Centurion to Puma and Nagmachon derivatives.  They have some creative engineers and a lot of available captured equipment to work with,

why waste the old toys?

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

6 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Thanks Pete

No I think they probably replaced quite a bit and surprised that old chassis can carry all of the extra weight, if it is even the old chassis.  It's amazing what they can do with the old 

stuff like the T-55 to Achzarit and the Centurion to Puma and Nagmachon derivatives.  They have some creative engineers and a lot of available captured equipment to work with,

why waste the old toys?

Take care,

Lloyd

It's all about money and the time it takes to produce a unit, for the IDF it's all about numbers or it was back then, less so now day's. Many armies/navy's/air forces throughout history have done the very same.  I'm not sure I'd want to be in a Tiran though you'd be running a risk of getting lite up by one of your own!