IDF Puma with Nochri mine roller

06/24

I'm struggling to find suitable tread plate for the interior - all my local model shop had was this:

38896625572_ce9623624b_c.jpgTreadplate test by jongwinnett, on Flickr

Its clearly over scale (1/24 at a guess, the sheet wasn't marked) and the wrong pattern. Not sure if this really matters since it will be largely obscured on the finished project.

However, if anyone can recommend a source of single lug tread plate, preferably plastic, closer to 1/35 I would be very grateful for suggestions.

Hi Jon

I've had the same thoughts - I'm building the early Nagmachon and wasn't going to open up the interior and then went down with a bad case of AMS:think:

Here's what I've found..

Resin Tread plate

Tread plate alternate bar

Nice progress to date - that's quite a goody haul you began with

Rob

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, 06/24 said:

However, if anyone can recommend a source of single lug tread plate, preferably plastic, closer to 1/35 I would be very grateful for suggestions.

Although they are photoetch brass, not plastic, Accurate Armour has a number of different styles of tread plate in their range

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jon - I notice Legend are releasing a Puma Batash set which looks very enticing.

If it's not rude - is it possible to ask if there are any pics in the Desert Eagle Publishing Puma books? - (I suspect not)

How's your interior/Treadplate coming?

Rob

Interior has paused while I do tiny planes, but will kick start when I get a few days off, not much break for the holidays this year so not had much (any) serious time yet.

I reckon in the Desert Eagle book I have, roughly half the photos show the Batash version, well worth getting. I'm still wondering about getting volume one.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw you've got Meng's 'IDF Tankers' set. These wear Nomex overalls, used only by tankers; Pumas are operated by the combat engineers, dressed in regular fatigues. Not a biggie, just thought I mention...

• Thanks 1