If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

brewerjerry

not one for petitions but this situation doesnt sound fair

Hi

i am not one for petitions but situation doesnt sound fair

no politics/ discussion please !!! 

just sign if you feel you want to 

sorry mods if it isnt allowed please delete it 

cheers

jerry

https://www.change.org/p/amber-rudd-mp-abandoned-and-betrayed?recruiter=712178849&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Edited by brewerjerry

As an American I wish I could say we've done better than this with our supporters, but honestly I think we've done worse.  I've signed petitions and called congressional offices over similar situations on this side of the pond.  I honestly dont know if i've helped anyone. If it wasn't so unethical, I'd sign this one. 

Whether it's allowed on BM or not - I've signed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I've not heard about it before.

This is inevitably political.  I'd also make the point that since this is the internet it's very hard to know how much of it is true.

Sounds about right. We've got "damaged" ex soldiers, can't get there act together because of what they've had to do ,seen, injured, blown up, lost limbs or just living on the streets. Do something for the country and get nothing in return when its needed.. I'm signing.

Thanks for the bringing it up.

On the face of it that sucks big time. I was proud of New Zealand when it admitted all the interpreters who had worked with NZ forces in Afghanistan & their dependents. Imho, the UK should be doing the same.

Steve.

On the face of it, yes, because this type of thing makes my blood boil. HOWEVER, I'm reticent to sign up to these kind of things on the internet. I need to know more about it from sources other than the internet. Been caught before.

John (3rd Vice President of the Cynics Society).

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Can I join? Samaritans block my calls..

19 hours ago, 3DStewart said:

This is inevitably political.  I'd also make the point that since this is the internet it's very hard to know how much of it is true.

Wrong on that Stewart, sort of! change.org is just a 'portal' to concentrate 'people power' by which I mean,

making the people who we elect, KNOW what is and isn't being done, in OUR name. Basically a KUTA!

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

John, can I join as well........please!!! :devil:

Here’s why you shouldn’t sign this petition or others like it.

In this country we have laws that are carefully considered and designed to treat people fairly and proportionately. Immigration laws and asylum law are no different.

The man in question has had his application for asylum rejected, not only by the normal asylum process but also the High Court.  There will be good reasons why they reached that decision, but you are only being presented with one side of the story.

By participating in this petition, you are attempting to use weight of numbers to influence the course of justice in favour of one individual, and all based on the internet equivalent of something you’ve heard from a stranger down the pub. This is not right.

How do you know he is what he claims to be?

What do you know about his behaviour since he came to this country?

What do you know of the information about him that may be held by the police or security services?

42 minutes ago, 3DStewart said:

What do you know of the information about him that may be held by the police or security services?

Quite true, we don't. Thing is, he was bought here and  hadn't walked across 2 continents and jumped a truck in France to get here illegally  AFAIK.

We were on the verge of ridding the country of ex Gurkhas not long ago so what was that?

I've signed, not because I'm stupid but because I'm not. The petition doesn't make anything so. The petition forces the matter to be discussed formally by our elected government who WILL have access to all the real facts. The petition highlights this individual who would otherwise be "just another asylum seeker". If it's all true, the MPs will be compelled to intervene. It it's false, the MPs will quickly establish that. What is almost certain right now however, is that the MPs have never heard of this individual because he'd operate serving the UK at a level far below that at which a politician could be expected to keep tabs on.

I'm sorry to say but petitions on change.org are NOT going to be discussed in parliament - you are confusing that with the .gov petitions process. Petitions on change.org have no authority as far as the UK Government are concerned. If you want that you need to create a petition here:

https://petition.parliament.uk/

not on change.org which basically means nothing to those in power. 

The government doesn't give a damn about our own troops,so what chance does a foreign auxiliary stand.

Not liking where this topic is going, as (I know it's hard) despite OP asking for no politics, it was destined to head down that route.  Feel free to discuss it elsewhere, but on BM we don't do politics as it just leads to strife :shrug: