Another sting in the tail - F-89D Scorpion

Hi everyone, There have been a few F-89 Scorpions in RFI recently and this is mine that I finished for Telford. The kit is the Revell kit and I used the design of the original decals to print my own for the checks as the white had turned yellow on the decal sheet. Masks were created for the star and bars as the ones on the decal sheet were not well produced. Vallejo and Revell acrylics were  used.

Scorpion 01

Scorpion 02

Scorpion 03

Scorpion 04

Scorpion 05

Scorpion 06

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

No matter how many times I see a Scoripon, I still can't quite get over the size of them. The black and white checks turned out great. Where there's a will, there's a way. A lot of modellers seem to have the never say die attitude. You seem to have it in spades between the painted insignia and the home made decals.

Peter

Thanks for all the comments guys, very much appreciated.

15 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Yes, the masks and decals turned out great Robert - wonderful build.

May I ask what paint you used for the hi-viz red/orange?

I used Revell Aqua Color Carmine Red 36136.

Regards

Robert

• Thanks 1

What the others have said! Outstanding build, and the work you did to paint on the checkerboards and the national insignia markings is amazing! I hope I can do half as good a job as you have. Well done, sir!

Mike

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

What the others have said! Outstanding build, and the work you did to paint on the checkerboards and the national insignia markings is amazing! I hope I can do half as good a job as you have. Well done, sir!

Mike

Mike the checkerboards are still decals that I printed out on my computer, no way I could have painted those !

23 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Robert,

Very nice Scorpion, is it 1/72 !

Tidy good job on the decals, and I like the Arctic scheme.

Congratulations .

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Yes it is 1/72

Thanks for all the likes.

Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Mike the checkerboards are still decals that I printed out on my computer, no way I could have painted those !

Yes it is 1/72

Thanks for all the likes.

Robert

No way I could have applied the decals and had them as straight and unwrinkled as you managed! I am still very impressed!

Mike