Alclad primer problem

Rwa66

Hi, I Can't get a continuous flow from the airbrush, it is intermittent even with 50% laquer thinner. Thinner and water will spray fine as will Tamiya paints , which leads me to suspect the paint is at fault. I have used this primer many times before without  trouble. I have been shooting at psi ranges of 15-30 with thinned and unthinned primer through a .4 nozzle. Would appreciate any thoughts regarding this problem, the paint was brand new.

Regards. Richard

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, I initially thought exactly the the same as yourself, suspected the airbrush( H&S infinity .4 nozzle). Playing about with other paints has lead me to consider the alclad may be the problem. On inspection the paint that went on nice and wet was quite granular in appearance. Is it worth giving Alclad an email ?.

Cheers Richard.

Hi Gazza

Thanks for the reply, Both  black and grey have been problematic for me this week, the grey being the newest bottle and both purchased within a week of each other. I could try to strain it and see what happens but will still contact Alclad.

Richard

P.S. What did you use to strain/filter the paint?

Edited by Rwa66

19 hours ago, Rwa66 said:

Hi Gazza

Thanks for the reply, Both  black and grey have been problematic for me this week, the grey being the newest bottle and both purchased within a week of each other. I could try to strain it and see what happens but will still contact Alclad.

Richard

P.S. What did you use to strain/filter the paint?

Hi Richard

I use filter paper, borrowed from work :winkgrin:, which we use on a surface grinding machine. 

It will be interesting to see what Alclad say about the problem, I bought my bottle about six months ago and it was problematic as soon as I opened it... never had a problem with the black which I purchased at the same time.

Cheers, gazza l

• Like 1