Along time ago, in a galaxy not too far away, when I was 6 (over 45ish years ago!), I built my first ever model.

It was the Airfix series 1 plastic bag issue of the Me262, which was purchased from good old Woolworths!

I added so much tube cement to the canopy that it melted, and it was painted gloss green, which never dried properly and spread green finger prints everywhere!

It was eventually shot down by Airfix's British Paratroopers as it was bombing them as they attacked the Costal Defence Fort! :D

When Airfix released their new kit of the 262, I just had to build one for old times sake.

So here is a slightly better finished model:

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

I then realised, once I finished the Airfix kit, that it was in the same markings, though a slightly different scheme, as a 32nd scale Trumpeter 262:

IMG_1596.jpg

Thanks for looking

Angelo  :)

• Like 67

1 hour ago, HL-10 said:

I added so much tube cement to the canopy that it melted, and it was painted gloss green, which never dried properly and spread green finger prints everywhere!

That brings back a few memories (nothing much's changed tbh),lovely job HL...

• Like 1

Sweet Looking 262 Sir!! Oh and you had to bring up the old 5 and dime places didn't ya that you hit with .50 cent a week allowance money Woolworts and Roses for me and the locl Calvert&Gamble drug store with the ole timey soda bar.

• Like 1

Ha!  I must have built one at almost exactly the time and age.  Mine never got painted.  It was moulded in pale blue plastic.  I'm not sure I even applied the transfers for some reason.  I thought when this new kit was released there would be a real flood of them appearing on RFI but I think this is the first one I've seen.  Worth waiting for though.  A beautiful finish.

• Like 1

That's very nice indeed. I'm struggling to find the time and energy to finish the same kit at the moment.

Yours has given me some much needed inspiration!

• Like 1