Hi with the discussion in the ww2 section about the d-13 I thought I would post  my fw 190 d-13, 1/48 tamya fw 190 d converted using the ABBA set. panted as stated in Jerry crandell's d-13 yellow 10 book, lower surfaces natural metal. Front half of wing rlm 75. Upper surface overall rlm 75 with over sprayed 82,83.  All paints are xtracolor, sprayed freehand.  Hope you enjoy. Comments welcomed.Nic

2017-12-02_07-27-34

2017-12-02_07-27-46

2017-12-02_07-27-55

2017-12-02_07-28-09

2017-12-02_07-28-38

2017-12-02_07-28-50

2017-12-01_09-13-35

2017-12-01_09-14-37

Edited by Niknak
  • Like 22

6 hours ago, Niknak said:

converted using the ABBA set

hmm, Swedish resin? 

Sorry, couldn't resist, I presume you mean ARBA?

One of the ARBA owner was a member here @baldeagle  I think..  quick search.. good, memory not totally gone...

neat bit of work there Nic,  but  the flash photos aren't doing it the justice it deserves is my only critique.

cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

hmm, Swedish resin? 

One of the ARBA owner was a member here @baldeagle  I think..  quick search.. good, memory not totally gone...

neat bit of work there Nic,  but  the flash photos aren't doing it the justice it deserves is my only critique.

cheers

Yip thanks, I made it a while ago my memory not what it used to be. He he. I still think it is a good conversion set. Think it was the 1st d-13 conversion set. Might retake the photos without the flash. Thanks nic

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

hmm, Swedish resin? 

cheers

Hi, new photos posted 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, djos said:

Very complicated paint scheme........perfectly executed. One of most attractive FW190 from my point of view.

Great model

Best regards

Thank you djos, it was a one off scheme for ground concealment, the d-13 was also the fastest of the d series. There were only a handful  of d-13 documented been build

3 hours ago, Niknak said:

Hi, new photos posted 

HI Nic

the new photos compared to the flash are interesting for the colors,  I presume the new ones are diffuse daylight?

A further suggestion,  a few years ago @russ c  who posted up the  thread posted a great build,but on a garden table, I suggested to him that a "natural" base and setting the camera to blur the background would help,  but he took the  idea onbaord and did far better than I could have imagined,  using simple bases and very effective backgrounds,  have a look at some of his  RFI's. 

Some  you now have too look at carefully to see they are models.

an example, I'd suggest your model is  as good as this

Fw190D13_icr2.jpg

from http://hsfeatures.com/features04/fw190d1332ir_1.htm

but note how the simple background actaully means you notice the model more.

here's the real yellow 13,   note how this would not be too hard to replicate

324cb7391ff73d6c144a06373dd44f64.jpg

Another member,  @PlaStix  again uses simple backgrounds,  which really set the model off,  or don't distract,  at the moment it's like a gourmet meal on a paper plate with some plastic cutlery,  really not doing the dish justice,  even though the model  as it stands  is excellent,  it does not show your work at it's best.

Meant as postive encouragement,  if you can build the above and do well composed and lit photos,  a simple background should be a doddle.

cheers

T

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

HI Nic

the new photos compared to the flash are interesting for the colors,  I presume the new ones are diffuse daylight?

A further suggestion,  a few years ago @russ c  who posted up the  thread posted a great build,but on a garden table, I suggested to him that a "natural" base and setting the camera to blur the background would help,  but he took the  idea onbaord and did far better than I could have imagined,  using simple bases and very effective backgrounds,  have a look at some of his  RFI's. 

Some  you now have too look at carefully to see they are models.

an example, I'd suggest your model is  as good as this

Fw190D13_icr2.jpg

from http://hsfeatures.com/features04/fw190d1332ir_1.htm

but note how the simple background actaully means you notice the model more.

here's the real yellow 13,   note how this would not be too hard to replicate

324cb7391ff73d6c144a06373dd44f64.jpg

Another member,  @PlaStix  again uses simple backgrounds,  which really set the model off,  or don't distract,  at the moment it's like a gourmet meal on a paper plate with some plastic cutlery,  really not doing the dish justice,  even though the model  as it stands  is excellent,  it does not show your work at it's best.

Meant as postive encouragement,  if you can build the above and do well composed and lit photos,  a simple background should be a doddle.

cheers

T

Thanks Troy, err the new photos were taken on my stool by my modeling table using the room light and my daylight lamp photos taken on my tablet, I left a few with the flash as you couldn't make out the rlm 82 very well. Thanks for the advice, it's very welcome.I have also redone some of the photos of my bf 109 f-4 jabo,  I must admit the photo with the background looks excellent. Nic

Edited by Niknak
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Crimea River said:

Beautiful paint job on a very challenging scheme. I want to do this one some day as well.

Andy

Thanks Andy, it's not as hard as it looks, sprayed Upper surface rlm 75,then sprayed rlm 82 then the rlm 83. Just take your time I used a badger 200 g to spray the camouflage. Nic

Edited by Niknak
  • Thanks 1