The Gentlemanly Pursuit

06/24

Build & be proud Jon,when I saw the V2 display in the science museum on my last visit to the Uk, I was fascinated in spite of its unsavoury purpose, likewise the V1 launch ramp at Duxford. Sometimes I think we have to separate our knowledge of the dire purpose these weapons were conceived for to acknowledge the advances in technology they represented,

Steve. 

• Like 1

Change of subjects always welcome. Thank you for the kind words. Progress yesterday was virtually nil, but I did get a primer coat of dunkelgelb on everything. I also found an Italeri Huey (and a Revell one to donate doors!)

On dear. No weight added. [Whistles] there may be trouble ahead...

Was planning to do this wheels down, but Anilization awaits it that doesn't work. Thought I would finish it as one of the ones the Brits captured, hence the aftermarket set.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 06/24 said:

The Huey is in a holding pattern, meanwhile another quick-build...

Untitled by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

Untitled by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

great news on the not whirly wing thingy, mine are on hold for till the next reincarnation...I built one of these ages ago,; drilled a big'ole in the top of the nose, shoved in liquid gravity + superglue, then milliput sanded smooth over the 'ole. Also needed some fishing weight immediately behind the pit but I see you've done glued the wing on..., mind you  Anilzed would be way more fun, look Ma' I'm a verb now!!

• Haha 2

So current, unscientific, balance it on a round thing in line with the main wheels suggested that all may not yet be lost, wheels down may yet work. I can always glue it to a base! (I think I'll give this one as a gift to the person who lent me the Eric Brown book...)

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 11:00 PM, 06/24 said:

I think somebody does the transport trailer in 1/72 too?

V-2_Rocket_On_Meillerwagen.jpg

Note this appears be a different rocket.

And from the loverly Ray & Judy @ plastic pastimes in Poole...just the thing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-72-TAKOM-V2-HANNOMAG-SS100-ROCKET-TRANSPORTER-ERECTOR-rrp-40-312g/123678179309?hash=item1ccbcb3fed:g:v8EAAOSw3FBbGm2~

No one should go through life without an "erector"...

• Like 1