Ian

...and done !!

YVLgjC1.jpg

3MYaASs.jpg

uZaIPY9.jpg

JSvyjAE.jpg

hYlKWD6.jpg

oTuavjI.jpg

Built this because I hadn't done a 'What If' for a while and really wanted to reinvigorate my atrophied 'mottling skills' such as they are. In the end I'm quite happy with it, built really easily with no big issues, nice detail straight from the box including a perfect wee etch fret. If you're in to Luft '46 and 1:48 (or even if you aren't), go out and get one of these Hobbyboss Ta152's, they're cheap, easily available and look really nice when they're done. 

vsG2klR.jpg

Not sure what's next for 'What If'ing', maybe the new 1:72 Revell Gripen or another Rafale... Stay tuned, thanks for taking the time to look and or comment, please feel free to say anything at all.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 25

Nice job on the build and paint job.

Noticed some over-spray on the supercharger intake, that's just down to getting the paint to thinner ratio right (and then the right air pressure of course). But overall excellent job.

Also noticed the decal carrier film of the Balkenkreuzes on the wings and fuselage showing through. Decaling over a gloss coat and adding a setting solution such as Microsol help immensely (if your not already doing this). One way to remove it completely is to cut it off before dipping it in water.

A little more fiddly and time consuming cutting out the four 'L' shapes from each Balkenkreuz and then spacing them correctly on the model, but for me it eradicates that silver look (even when decaling over a gloss coat and adding setting solution).

When cutting out the 'L' shapes of the Balkenkreuzes you only need to score a line through the decal film line using a ruler and new blade not cut through the whole backing paper.

Hope it doesn't sound too negative, just a couple of points that I still need to get right before I can make that perfect model.

Love the Luft 46' theme with the anything goes approach to colour scheme.

I also love the Hobby Boss Fw 190 and Ta 152 series kits. Built 6 already with more in the stash. As you mentioned simple builds with everything you need in the box (Although I do tend to add Ultracast seats with their molded on seatbelts as the only aftermarket add ons).

Am a bit apprehensive with their Fw 190D-13. Keen to do 'Yellow 10' with its complex camo scheme but may end up doing something like it and calling it 'artistic license'.

• Thanks 1

I've read the comments above from Red Dog, but I can't find any defects. Perhaps it's my eyes, but it looks stunning to me and I would be more than happy if I had produced it.

• Thanks 1

Excuse my ignorance but I am no great student of  luftwaffe  aircraft.

This is a german aircraft in german markings,  so what actually is "what if" about it? I could understand if it was in US,RAF or another nations markings but to  uninformed me its just another in service luftwaffe aircraft with nothing "what if" about it.

Selwyn

(puzzled?)

Edited by Selwyn
  • Like 1