1/72 Academy SB2C-4 Helldiver

Thanks for thinking of my little ol' build Mike, that's a great pic! The Interior green shows up very well in that pic, I used Model Master green Zinc Chromate and it's too bright. I'll definitely swap out the prop when I get a hold of my Tamiya P-47 box.

12 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Thanks for thinking of my little ol' build Mike, that's a great pic! The Interior green shows up very well in that pic, I used Model Master green Zinc Chromate and it's too bright. I'll definitely swap out the prop when I get a hold of my Tamiya P-47 box.

I can't tell you how long I went thinking Zinc Chromate Green and Interior Green were the same colour!  D'oh!   :doh:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 5:45 AM, 72modeler said:

Cookie,

I was looking for a photo of an MTO B-25 for another poster and I found this great color shot of a Helldiver on Jeff Ethell's photo collection website. If you can get past the comely lass sitting on the cowling, this is the best photo I have found that shows the blade profile of the Curtiss Electric Helldiver prop, as well as the FS34151 applied to the wheel bays and gear struts. The thin yellow stripe below the prop tip yellow band, IIRC, indicates propeller blades made by A.O. Smith- P-47's and sometimes B-26's and P-61's also can be seen with the same stripes, and some blades had double stripes beneath the yellow band at the tip, which denoted another blade variant. I thought of your build when I saw this. Merry Christmas, BTW!

Mike

http://www.ww2color.com/search/webapps/slides/slides.php?action=update&primary_key=00137

A good example of the symmetrical CE prop Mike. Thanks for putting that up. Photos without the props spinning are kind of hard to find in my experience & that one is a beauty. Nowt wrong with the hood ornament either. ;):) 

Steve.

• Like 1

Cookie,

While looking for some Bunker Hill Helldiver photos, I found this photo collection of the SB2C-5 recently restored by the NASM. It looks to be pretty original; I know you've finished yours, but thought you or any of the other BM'ers thinking about doing one  still might find them useful. Happy Holidays from sunny south central Texas!

Mike

https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/curtiss-sb2c-5-helldiver

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...