Miles Aerovan -Mikro-Mir 1/72nd completed

You are all more than kind, fellows.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

More able modelers -that abound on this site- will make of this nice a kit a better model. There is potential in it.

Looking forward to see Eggy in those nice liveries they wore in the Islands. There are many choices that pop when you do a little research.

Now back to the Caproni 310 that I just dropped on the floor. Sigh.

Modeler's life.

Thanks, Paul.

I built an Airfix Skyvan three lives ago, I still have dreams with rivets ocassionally. I will post a photo of them together when we are out of our current remodeling*.

It's in a box, somewhere there....

IMG_0889

*It seems like it could be done in a few years, but I don't want to be over-optimistic.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Moa said:

John Russ, Colin, thanks you very much.

You are exceedingly kind.

It's fun to look at and fun to build (with just a bit of patience needed ;-)

Your welcome Sir !

A similar experience to building an AModel kit then ?

I will give it a go, after building my Special Hobby 1/72 CASA Aviocar that is.

Well, Colin, it could be said so I guess. Model manufacturers evolve. To compare apples to apples: the last kit I built from Amodel was the Kalinin K-5, a relatively recent release.

I think the smaller parts on the Aerovan kit are a bit better, and the bigger parts in both models have some issues. Nothing troublesome, just requiring as usual some attention.

In general I would say your statement is correct, they feel similar.

OK, Paul, your wish is granted (See post #30):

On 12/8/2017 at 6:22 AM, ptmvarsityfan said:

Would be interesting to see this next to a Skyvan.

Cheers, Paul

Here are the two, side by side. I grabbed the Aero-Van -that was already stored- and retrieved the Sky-Van from the deepest darkest crags in the walk-in closet to take a few shots (I reiterate that we are remodeling, and it's chaos)

In one corner, ladies and gentlemen, Kid Rivet, and in the other Too Much Fish n' Chips:

IMG_1912+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_1911+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_1913+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_1915+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 2

And for those whose mind's gears are in movement thinking that they may use the Airfix Shorts Skyvan's Hurel DuBois wings and graft them to the Miles Aerovan kit to obtain the Hurel-Dubois/Miles H.D.M. 106 Caravan, the answer is no, the Hurel Dubois wings on the HDM 106 are different, tapered to start with.

• Like 1

Cheers Moa, two fine models and a very interesting comparison. The one-off Miles Merchantman had a fuselage reminiscent of the Skyvan but from your pics there is not much in common with the Aerovan except for a very generally similar configuration.

Best wishes, Paul

Hi Paul

The Merchantman is the four-engined endeavor, the Hurel Dubois / Miles 106  I was referring to in the "wing conversion" blurb is a two-engined machine. Different fuselages, the later much closer to the Aerovan (if not almost the same).

Cheers

Edited by Moa
typo

That's fantastic.

Didn't even know there was a kit of the Aerovan, and also nice to see it beside the Skyvan 

• Thanks 1