Lynx Helicopter AH-7 Afghanistan Armament

LaurieS

Building the Lynx as used in the Afghanistan role.

The kit comes with an L7 Machine gun.  Also comes with anti tank missiles (at least that is what I think they are 4 in a pod either side

Advice I am after is. Would they have used these for other reasons than tanks in Afghanistan ? If they were would the machine gun

have also been mounted with rockets  ie both on the same helicopter.

Laurie

20 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Thats Iraq but good pic.

Im not even sure that sevens were in Afg

....pretty sure squadrons were rotating using 9A but i maybe mistaken....i will ask 847 tomorrow.....certainly at the end it was 9A

They were, I took the pictures used for the decal scheme of the aircraft in theatre. AFAIK no TOW was used there, the aircraft were weight limited as it was because of the hot and high conditions. The pictures are in the walk around section.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Dont forget mx15 laurie

Junglie Is that the thinghy at the tail end under the fuselage ?

Got one of these if it is. Got to be a case for Airfix Tamiya and all the others to name

on the instructions what each piece of equipment is. Hasegawa do at least have a mini

attempt at this. Just the name of the equipment then us "not RAF types" can look up on line.

I do like to be able to know what each piece of equipment does. Got guns sorted

they all have long muzzles.

Laurie

• Like 1

Ah you are thinking about ALQ 144 disco lights.....the infra red jammmer.

Mx15 is the e/o camera.....very good we had it on Sea King 4 which arguably was the better platform for it.

If you google(other search egines are available) those terms you will find the pics no snags

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 19:11, Greg B said:

They were, I took the pictures used for the decal scheme of the aircraft in theatre. AFAIK no TOW was used there, the aircraft were weight limited as it was because of the hot and high conditions. The pictures are in the walk around section.

Greg's pictures he took are here in the walkaround section.