Revell 2018

Der Lingener

1 minute ago, Simon Cornes said:

Does anyone know the provenance of the 1/48th Hunter? Re-pop of the Italeri/Academy kit or genuine new tool? I would guess mould sharing with Italeri but a new, accurate Hunter would be very welcome, especially if it was the precursor of a family. I have to say that I was hoping Airfix would do the Hunter though!

Simon

The hunter is 1/72, re issue of their own mould of a few years ago.

Phil

The Hunter will be a welcome return for us Hunter modellers, its been a long wait and should upset sellers on Ebay who try to sell them for high prices..........I have 2 x T7 conversion kits looking for Revell Hunters..................

• Like 1

Where is the 1:48 Beaufighter they announced before?

Seems it is not a complete list.

I understand that Revell tries to attract junger people but I do not understand why these simple to build kits are designed so they often repel the enthusiast. When I went to primary school in the seventies I freequently spend my pocket money on a Revell or (more often) a Matchbox kit. They were cheap, colourful and yet proper kits which had to be build with glue. Maybe it were the fumes but I think it made me more proud with what I build than something that just needs to be stuck together like a Kinder Surprise "kit". As Revell owns the Matchbox tools they could treat beginners and enthusiasts. 

And of course their strange Star Wars box scales is something I wish they would reconsider. I had an entire fleet if they managed to move from this ancient habit to scale the plastic content to the box. Or even worse to give completely wrong scales. Their Darth Vader TIE fighter is very close in size and detail to the Fine Molds kit. Promiss. I have both. But their TIE Interceptor and TIE Fighter are both in different scales. Very nice kits for kids actually. In a proper scale they would be my preferred choice over the Japanese offerings. :shrug:

What I do not quite understand are the very high prices for the larger Star Wars kits - the Republich Star Destroyer and the big AT-AT have become quite expensive in this rerelease. I would really like to know how good they sell.

Rant off. In general they need to be applauded that they care about the youngsters. And I really hope they are right and I am wrong.

I fear the era of reasonable price kits have gone. The far east companies have proved that selling kits at higher prices work.

Robert

Edited by Robert
Spelling

On 1.12.2017 at 12:42, Caerbannog said:

Where is the 1:48 Beaufighter they announced before?

Seems it is not a complete list.

Hi Caerbannog,

rest assured: This is the complete list for the first quarter of 2018 (minus the "surprise items for Nüznberg in February!)

I am pretty sure I haven´t missed an item!
For the Beau in Quarterscale - simply wait!

Michael

• Like 1

On 01/12/2017 at 12:59 PM, Robert said:

I fear the era of reasonable price kits have gone. The far east companies have proved that selling kits at higher prices work.

Robert

The Asian manufacturers are more expensive because the pound has never recovered its vale viz a viz the yen compared to the pre-crisis years.

European manufacturers are still VERY cheap compared to that. Doubtful after April 2019 if there's no single-market deal.

• Like 1

On 30.11.2017 at 17:53, trickydicky210 said:

The Camel/SE5A Double decker - I presume is a 2 kit boxing of the Eduard kits?

Hi Rich,

absolutely right - EDUARD tooling re-boxed by Revell!

BUT: Both will appear as single kits! I am sorry for combining the potos and leading the reader into a wrong direction!

:huh:

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Just received e mail from Jumblies Models with detials of 1st quarter releases.

Includes the 1/48 Beaufighter TFX at 27.95

Hunter FGA9 at 15.95

1/72 Berlin Airlift C-54 at 49.95

1/32 A/F-18 52.95

Quite a lot of other stuff but no obvious surprises  for me.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

The Hunter is listed under 1:48???? I do not dare to hope this might be a new tool one... More likely the Academy/Italeri if this is not a scale typo. Like 1:72 Catalina and 1:32 Mirage

1:72 Haunebau is likely the Squadron kit. Quite a surprise.

At that price the F-104G is probably the old Monogram tool and not the Hasegawa one.

Some nice Eduard reboxings on the list and good to see the 1.48 Ju 52 back in the shpos :-)

Looks good so far to me.