type 97 Chi Ha in Indochina?

boom.boom

Recently, I stumbled on information that Type 97 Chi Ha tanks were used in Commando Blindé du Cambodge (French post-ww2 ad-hoc armored unit in Cambodia), amongst other Japanese and French types! Is it true:wonder:?

...And must say that I did not manage to find any confirmation of that information :(!

In advance, many thanks to all of you:bye:!

• Like 1

I found a few references online to japanese types in french service. But the photo’s i saw were grainy. Also the majority led back to World of tanks, i believe a computer game. Though i did see some reference on wiki pages concerning the Type 95 HA-GO tank being used by the French.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

... Though i did see some reference on wiki pages concerning the Type 95 HA-GO tank being used by the French.

Yes, indeed French used Type 95 Ha Go tanks in opening stage of First Indochina War! And if I am not wrong, particularly in Commando Blindé du Cambodge. There is a few photos on the web of Ha Go in french service during First Indochina War (or French War), but nothing about Type 97! 

5 hours ago, modelldoc said:

Here is a picture, when Mao inspected these tanks.

Scroll down a little bit.

http://hosungw.blogspot.de/2015/03/british-cromwell-tank-used-by-north.html

modelldoc

It is really great photo, but Chinese from Korean War period. Not what I am looking for:(.

• 5 years later...