AZ Model 1/72 109F

Vlad

So I noticed recently that AZ Model have added a few kits of the Bf 109 F series to their extensive line-up of Gs. Hannants has them down as "new mold". Does anyone know if these kits actually have new fuselage halves that solve the "skinny nose" shape issues of their earlier G models? I've looked at some sprue shots but it's very hard to tell without seeing it built. Thanks!

AZ has changed their mold a little for the 109F kit.  Sadly it still suffers from the same fuselage length issue as their 109G kits.  Ironically, KP's (somewhat) new tooling of the AVIA is spot on.  You'd think that AZ would take a lesson from one of their own subsidiary companies and fix the problem on an otherwise pretty good 109 kit.  My suggestion would be to either get the Fine Molds kit or wait for Eduard to scale down their family of 109s.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, although the nose length itself was only part of the issue. The shape of the underside is a bit too flat and makes the nose look too narrow in profile at the wing root. I assume they didnt fix that either then?