Jagdtiger with engine problems

Hello everybody,

this is my Jagdtiger in 1/35. It's the old Revell kit, updated with RB metal gun barrels for the main gun and the machinegun. The engine is from the Tamiya set (complete with the tankers), the grills are from Aber, apart from that it is OOtB with some added battle damages and some scratch building for the inside...

Hope you like it.

Bye

Tobby

dscf5765.jpg

dscf5769.jpg

dscf5772.jpgdscf5773.jpg

dscf5775.jpg

dscf5781.jpg

dscf5786.jpg

dscf5787.jpg

dscf5788.jpg

dscf5790.jpg

dscf5793.jpg

dscf5799.jpg

img_1554.jpg

img_1568.jpg

img_1575.jpg

img_1577.jpg

img_1578.jpg

img_1580.jpg

• Like 37

On 28.11.2017 at 23:22, cunners said:

Love it Tobby!

On 28.11.2017 at 23:08, Jim Wasley said:

More great work from you,detailing is first Class Enjoyed:D Cheers.

On 28.11.2017 at 21:59, Ozzy said:

Nice build, :goodjob:

On 28.11.2017 at 21:58, Steve_farrier said:

If my JT sends up looking half this good I'll be well happy! 

On 29.11.2017 at 00:28, Badder said:

Supertasticabulous!

Extra-special awards for the realistic battle damage and mud/grass.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks a lot, lads.

Nice comments, highly appreciated.

Glad you like my hunting cat...

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 14:24, FrancisGL said:

Very nice vignette, tracks looks fantastics, awesome beast, :yes: cheers mate

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 17:45, lascar said:

Well done !!!!!!! Nice diorama !!!!!

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 17:46, Bob Henry said:

Another super effort. WELL DONE SIR !!!               Bob H.

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 19:32, Bill.B said:

Stunning as ever Tobby!   :goodjob:

On ‎02‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 04:54, Hewy said:

Super job tobby, really great job

Glynn 

Thanks a lot, lads. I'm very glad, you've enjoyed watching the pics...

All the best from snowy Germany

Tobby

Looking really really good Tobby.  The weathering is great and the diorama is outstanding and realistic.

How do you move a 70 ton tank with no engine, I doubt that the motorcycle can pull it.

BTW, how do you make that chipping so realistic?  Is there hairspray under the yellow and you somehow pull the yellow off to expose the red primer in places?

However it's done it really looks like peeling paint and it's amazing.  Especially on the left rear quarter by the engine crank, it looks so real.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

On ‎06‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 23:04, BlackMax12 said:

Looking really really good Tobby.  The weathering is great and the diorama is outstanding and realistic.

How do you move a 70 ton tank with no engine, I doubt that the motorcycle can pull it.

BTW, how do you make that chipping so realistic?  Is there hairspray under the yellow and you somehow pull the yellow off to expose the red primer in places?

However it's done it really looks like peeling paint and it's amazing.  Especially on the left rear quarter by the engine crank, it looks so real.

Take care,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd.

I'm very happy you like my JT.

The chipping is a combination of Maskol (for the bigger spots) and in deed hairspray on the red primer and then again on  the yellow camo. Then just scratched away with a stiff brush and toothpicks. On some places it was even sanded with sandpaper (what else???), but you have to be careful not to overdo this. The whole weathering on a Jagdtiger should be a bit subtle, because these tanks saw more service than battle...

Oh, BTW the motorcycle is an unknown German secret weapon, the so called "Titanenmopped", able to pull the tank, the Führerbunker AND the Reichskanzlei.... Or it is just the last quick escape for the two sad buggers left alone by their comrades, who knows...

Whatever, glad you enjoyed watching..

All the best from cold and snowy fatherland

Tobby

Thanks Tobby

I've tried the hairspray under whitewash and been meaning to try it under normal camo colors too but never seem to remember until too late.

I actually sprayed the road wheels on my 1/16 Kingtiger with red primer and then forgot the hairspray before painting over that with yellow and camo so I couldn't really chip and beat them up too much.

Note to self: try it on a German AFV someday as those seem to be the best colors to show the primer underneath so they would make good subjects.

Take care,

Lloyd