Question: Size of RAF red Squadron Code lettering

RoscoeRedThree

Getting ready to start on an antique. A Matchbox 1/72 Lancaster, started, but never finished. I have a question about the Squadron letters on the fuselage. Can anyone tell me what size the letters were on RAF bombers?
Also, is there a place where I can but red serial numbers? I see the Sqdn. letters on ebay all the time, but never serial numbers.
I am intending to build a Lanc Mk.III which crashed into the Rhine River.

33 minutes ago, RoscoeRedThree said:

Getting ready to start on an antique. A Matchbox 1/72 Lancaster, started, but never finished. I have a question about the Squadron letters on the fuselage. Can anyone tell me what size the letters were on RAF bombers?
Also, is there a place where I can but red serial numbers? I see the Sqdn. letters on ebay all the time, but never serial numbers.
I am intending to build a Lanc Mk.III which crashed into the Rhine River.

The official spec was 48 inches tall with 6-inch strokes.

Xtradecal does sheets with both letters and numbers. The numbers are X72126; the letters are X72210. Hannants ...

24 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

8 inch red

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AOD72C03

xtradecals were doing a pack of codes and serials.  unavaiable at the mop but lists the product codes

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72RAF2

The individual sheets, X72126, X72210, X72211 and X72212 are all currently available at Hannants.

X72126: 48" X 30" numbers, and 8" serials (pairs with X72211 for codes)

X72210: 48" X 24" letters and numbers

X72211: 48" X 30" letters (pairs with X72126 for codes)

X72212: 36" high with  4.5" and 6" strokes, letters and numbers

Troy et al, is there any rhyme or reason for using 48" X 24" vs. 48" X 30", or is it a plane-by-plane thing. I thought that 48" X 24" was the standard size but the other appears to have been commonly used as well.