Peddinghaus decals

Niknak

I have tried these decals, and found them thick and unconformable even using micro set and micro set, have anyone used these decals and which decal setting agent did you find worked with these decals, 

Interesting. Have a few Peddinghaus sheets,but have only used small parts ie personal insignia,Staffel/Gruppe insignia etc etc,and I don't recall any difficulties with them. Kleer,Humbrol decal cote Micro Sol/Set are what I've always used.

1 hour ago, glatisant said:

Interesting. Have a few Peddinghaus sheets,but have only used small parts ie personal insignia,Staffel/Gruppe insignia etc etc,and I don't recall any difficulties with them. Kleer,Humbrol decal cote Micro Sol/Set are what I've always used.

The one i used was the wasp insignia of the bf 109 e of zg1 . the backing film was thick mico sol/set had no efect.also looks like theres two crosses printed over each other. I will post a photo 2morrow.

Hi, I've never used their decals myself but I have read they aren't the best to use with them being pretty thick as you say.

Micro Sol isn't particularly strong anyway, you could try Mr Mark Softener or Daco Red which are both far stronger, I use both but my preferred one is the Daco one. 

Another strong product is Solvaset but I've never used it so can't comment on that one.

Tim. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tank152 said:

Hi, I've never used their decals myself but I have read they aren't the best to use with them being pretty thick as you say.

Micro Sol isn't particularly strong anyway, you could try Mr Mark Softener or Daco Red which are both far stronger, I use both but my preferred one is the Daco one. 

Another strong product is Solvaset but I've never used it so can't comment on that one.

Tim. 

Thanks Tim, I will try the daco red. Where would I be able to buy IT? 

For tough decals like that I use Solvaset which seems like a stronger version of micro sol. Its available here in the states, not sure about over seas. That said, it didn't phase the decals on my Academy P 38. Decals were crap anyway, acetone probably wouldn't have phased them either

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Niknak said:

The one i used was the wasp insignia of the bf 109 e of zg1 . the backing film was thick mico sol/set had no efect.also looks like theres two crosses printed over each other. I will post a photo 2morrow.

2017-11-28_05-43-03

22 minutes ago, smeosky said:

For tough decals like that I use Solvaset which seems like a stronger version of micro sol. Its available here in the states, not sure about over seas. That said, it didn't phase the decals on my Academy P 38. Decals were crap anyway, acetone probably wouldn't have phased them either

Thanks I will see if it is available in the UK. 

On 28/11/2017 at 21:05, stevehnz said:

I'm not seeing that overprinted balkan cross in the artwork from their ebay shop so I reckon you got a dud unit, possible too think because it has been double sealed perhaps. I would go back to them & ask for a replacement.

I think I will contact them and see what happens.

• Like 1

I've used Peddinghaus decals many times on armour models and never had any problems with them. I've also had Ernst Peddinghaus custom make a couple of sets for me and I didn't think that they were thick, unlike Tamiya decals. I always use MicroSet/Sol and find that this does the job OK.

John.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/11/2017 at 07:40, tank152 said:

Hi, 

I got mine from Paul at Modelling Tools, it was he that suggested I tried Daco Red.

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/daco-red--heavy-11809-p.asp

Tim.

Hi Tim, I have bought and used daco red and its great. Think I'll be using it from now thanks for the recommendation. Nik

• Like 1