1/24 Italeri Scania R730 Streamline

Hi everyone, my nephew said that I had not built a truck yet, so here we are. Compared to the Tamiya kit that I've recently built, this is a bit old school. Not much flash to speak of, but some parts did not fit too well and the instruction diagrams were a bit vague in places, weirdly the sprue numbering system is all over the place, making the task of finding the parts a bit long winded. Overall, it's coming together pretty quickly. I have gloss coated the paintwork so that I can start adding the decals, I hope to have this finished by the end of this week.

Fdo9Kf2.jpg
OWYNCKM.jpg
IDfCgkG.jpg
MQ0tZFl.jpg
UL0xiWP.jpg
FvziqUw.jpg
ynWc9bF.jpg
LKZZEPq.jpg
dBCGZKs.jpg
Qvz7Eod.jpg
23Astnf.jpg
Nb9sR6u.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, richellis said:

Hi, nice to see a truck being built, and this is a nice kit but Italeri got the bumper and steps wrong, the lower bumper sits far too low, I would recomend SC19 from Here to correct the cab and bumper height 

Thank you for the info on the upgrades,this is my first venture into a truck build,i will stick with the kit parts for this build as i do like the look of the truck as it is,even though it may be inaccurate in places,but if i build another truck in the future i will do a bit more research and get some reference pictures,this is really just a toe in the water build,the decal placement has been a real headache,mainly because the instructions want you to fully build the kit then add the decals last,but that means i can,t really gloss coat over them easily,also the decals span over the cab,doors and rear fairing bodywork.

I have decided to tape the cab together with the doors and rear fairing then add the decals,then slice through the decals on the edges were they all meet.

Hopefully then i can gloss coat all the parts then finish the build.

On 30/11/2017 at 5:11 PM, Lee Chambers said:

Thank you for the info on the upgrades,this is my first venture into a truck build,i will stick with the kit parts for this build as i do like the look of the truck as it is,even though it may be inaccurate in places,but if i build another truck in the future i will do a bit more research and get some reference pictures,this is really just a toe in the water build,the decal placement has been a real headache,mainly because the instructions want you to fully build the kit then add the decals last,but that means i can,t really gloss coat over them easily,also the decals span over the cab,doors and rear fairing bodywork.

I have decided to tape the cab together with the doors and rear fairing then add the decals,then slice through the decals on the edges were they all meet.

Hopefully then i can gloss coat all the parts then finish the build.

Hi there mate, I have recently bought this kit with a view to doing my first truck kit. Before I read your reply on the decals, I had quizzed a mate of mine who does some fabulous truck models, on the best way to do the decals for this kit.

They way he suggested is almost like for like the way you have suggested. Like you he suggested taping the cab together on the inside, then laying down the decals, and then slicing through them to create the individual parts. After this has been done, he suggested them taking all the pieces apart and clear coating them before building the cab back up.

Anyway good luck with the kit, it’s looking great so far

2 hours ago, Flipper said:

Hi there mate, I have recently bought this kit with a view to doing my first truck kit. Before I read your reply on the decals, I had quizzed a mate of mine who does some fabulous truck models, on the best way to do the decals for this kit.

They way he suggested is almost like for like the way you have suggested. Like you he suggested taping the cab together on the inside, then laying down the decals, and then slicing through them to create the individual parts. After this has been done, he suggested them taking all the pieces apart and clear coating them before building the cab back up.

Anyway good luck with the kit, it’s looking great so far

Hi Flipper,well my next post on this truck is going to be the final reveal which should be early next week,i 2k clear coated the basecoat colour then once the decals were on i clear coated them again,i wasn't totally happy with how the decals lined up on the areas around the doors and the rear cab fairings,so i ended up rear masking and airbrushing over some of the decals to get them to line up better.

This kit was frustrating to build,if it had been made by Revell or Tamiya it would have been a real joy,the instructions were to my mind wrote by someone who never actually built the kit,poor engineering and poor quality plastic really spoilt this build for me.

It would appear that Italeri only wanted the builder to use the coloured plastic body parts and not paint the cab,because it would have been a much easier build to have simply built up the whole model then add the decals  and call it a day.

Not acceptable for a seasoned model builder,the main problem with the build is a lack of surface area to glue some parts together,for example the top cab were it is supposed to glue to the inner cockpit area around the top bunk bed the glue area is very minimal considering the weight of the top cab with the inner cab roof, as the instruction don't give a clear way of putting this all together.

I ended up having to super glue this part together for added strength.The model does look very nice when built,but the red option decals would have been much easier to work with i think. 

• Like 1