Sd.Kfz.233 Schwerer Panzerspahwaggen 7.5 cm

HL-10

AFV Club's eight wheeled armoured cars are highly detailed, and well engineered kits.

That is to say, there are a lot of parts, and it is a very complex build, especially around the suspension and chassis.

The kit was missing the hinges for the driver's hatch, hence the flag. They were not just "missing", they just were not included in the kit!

I painted the model with Humbrol enamels, which I also used for the figures, which are from Alpine and are excellent resin castings.

Apart from some stowage, the kit is an OOB build.

The kit includes the Jerry cans, and an etched fret which have some very fine exhaust guards that just need some careful folding.

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

A couple of photos taken in natural daylight, against a cloudy sky:

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

Thanks for looking  :)

Angelo.

• Like 12

Hi Angelo,

Long time no see.

I love all the 8 wheeled armoured cars and this is a great example. It looks to be a fine kit made better with the additional stowage, excellent figures and great base. All very well painted. I wonder why you didn't try to scratch the driver's hatch hinges? From what I can find in photos of the real vehicle, they don't look too difficult.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Badder said:

I wonder why you didn't try to scratch the driver's hatch hinges? From what I can find in photos of the real vehicle, they don't look too difficult

To be 100% honest, life's too short!! :)

It was quicker, and easier to add the flag.

Thanks for all the comments & compliments, greatly appreciated. :)

• Like 1

Great AFV!  I like the weathering and extra stowage.  Base looks good and the figures really set it off!  As a poor figure painter myself I can really appreciate the level of detail, light and shading, you have put in to them, especially the officer standing to the side.  And as others have said your capture of the outside light has added an extra dimension to the photos.

• Like 1

Hi Angelo,

great model. I really like your colour finish and the figures look brilliant. Top Modelling!!!

Only one little thing (and only because it should be easy to sort it out): The Fliegerkreisvisier 34 (AA  backsight) should be mounted on the big ring in the middle of the machinegun barrel, not on the front one.

fliegerkreisvisier34.jpg

Apart from that: Stunning!!!

Cheers

Tobby

• Like 1