Swiss BF 109G

Great model - like the scheme a lot. Congratulations for this one.

Greetings from Switzerland - from just a few miles away from one of airbases these planes took off.

Cheers,

Michael

9 hours ago, WildeSau75 said:

Great model - like the scheme a lot. Congratulations for this one.

Greetings from Switzerland - from just a few miles away from one of airbases these planes took off.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael, greetings from New Zealand. When I was young we used to go to Switzerland on holiday, to Evolene, and on occasions we would visit Sion, where I think this plane was based. (That's what Montex claims anyway). 

On ‎28‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 7:38 AM, Mmarchal said:

Hi Michael, greetings from New Zealand. When I was young we used to go to Switzerland on holiday, to Evolene, and on occasions we would visit Sion, where I think this plane was based. (That's what Montex claims anyway). 

Greetings to New Zealand mate - this machine crash landed in Sion due to a problem with the fuel line. So yes, likely it was based in Sion. Hope you can pay another visit to Switzerland. You might want to go to the Swiss Air force museum in Dübendorf (close to Zürich) - they have an Emil beside other interesting machines. Unfortunately just in the rather boring one tone green scheme. Yours looks better :-)