Smer 1/48 Macchi Castoldi MC72 *Finished* Schneider Trophy

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Hi Pat,

Congratulations on finishing! It looks really cool. I'll check the final photos in the gallery later... I'm just having a midnight snack before taking photos of the orange Willow.

I like the sound of these chrome pens, and the look if the effect. I've just done a quick Google search – is it the MOLOTOW LIQUID CHROME?

Regards,

David

Hi David

Spot on sir, below is the one I bought 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molotow-Liquid-Chrome-20-Year-Edition-Pump-Marker-1mm/311891312015?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Other auction sites and retail outlets are available ;)

cheers Pat

33 minutes ago, SeaPlane said:

Evening Pat

Very nicely done - certainly looks the business.  A troubled aeroplane in many ways with the initial 1931 MC72s being grounded prior to the Cup event and really only coming into their own in the mid-30s with the speed records.  A fine tribute to MM181

Now about that vac form .....

Take Care

Andrew

Oh I know. :idea:

Yes the poor old Contrail Blackburn Perth. Err well I failed as far as this GB is concerned.

However we are all offered another go at floaty things in the forthcoming Maritime Patrol and Coastal Command GB, where I promise the Perth will make a reappearance. Can you be tempted to do more GBs now you have lost your GB cherry so to speak ? :giggle:

cheers Pat