Ark Royal's last cruise -Phantom FG1:Tractor and base close to completion

Massimo

Getting even more Anglo-Italian! :thumbsup::D

Those seats look the bee's knees, and they are a perfect complement to the wonderful job you did in your 'pit, Massimo :clap:

Ciao

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, giemme said:

Getting even more Anglo-Italian! :thumbsup::D

Those seats look the bee's knees, and they are a perfect complement to the wonderful job you did in your 'pit, Massimo :clap:

I still can't believe how easily they slided into place and stuck to their position!!!

I think we've both done a good job, as none of us had any precise idea in terms of size of what the other one was doing and we both got to the same dimensions!!!

FY0g6Tu.jpg

I hope you can appreciate it from my pictures, if you look how much clearence there's around each seat...may be a hair!!!

Well done Bill!!!:clap::yes:

Edited by massimo2
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am glad you like them Massimo, I won't ask for them back

:)

tee hee

Do not forget mine were made to fit the same model but more to the point they were designed to fit 'The Blackburn Buccaneer in 1/72 scale'

If they didn't fit I would have been very annoyed

I do think you should consider shaving some of the tubey bits at the back just a fraction, so it/they sit/s a little less snugly otherwise I am pleased that you like them

You are very welcome to them, let me know if you ever need any more

(I do like how nicely they sit in there too, well built sir)

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, perdu said:

I am glad you like them Massimo, I won't ask for them back

:)

tee hee

Do not forget mine were made to fit the same model but more to the point they were designed to fit 'The Blackburn Buccaneer in 1/72 scale'

If they didn't fit I would have been very annoyed

I do think you should consider shaving some of the tubey bits at the back just a fraction, so it/they sit/s a little less snugly otherwise I am pleased that you like them

You are very welcome to them, let me know if you ever need any more

(I do like how nicely they sit in there too, well built sir)

Hi Bill, I think you're right and I might be thinning the back tubing as you say a bit ,to increase a bit the room between the two for the looker's front panel. 

Anyway they may have not fitted at all!!

It's already happened to me and other friends to get a mainstream resin seat meant to be dedicated to a kit and to have to shave it off here and there before they could fit!!!

Del Boy would say...."LOVELY JOBLY" !!!:clap:

Edited by massimo2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, massimo said:

Unfortunately what may lay at the front of the coaming is a mistery to me, as I haven't got any photos showing that area.

Too much rich food ( :pie:) and sunshine ( :cool:)  I think as fried your memory..see post 346 on page 14! ;)

What you've done looks just fine and as you say its mostly hidden when the windscreen and wipers is on.

• Like 4

Hallo guys,

Today I finally decided it was time to add some colour to the Buccaner interior. Blackfirst, then grey, then Future, then Tamiya back panel liner, then lighter dry brushing...Right side

JAwpKWn.jpg

8U67Yxl.jpg

bkZzok0.jpg

Oh8GEeO.jpg

hF0t15Y.jpg

p3fnPYP.jpg

ovYnczf.jpg

NSmFyTw.jpg

Left side

ANXIcFC.jpg

Fy01Ejq.jpg

a1u13Rn.jpg

3XzMPHy.jpg

gFaR7mz.jpg

H2KBQFj.jpg

Then final detail with different colours and it was time to add some decals.

SCY6nqY.jpg

JXlHFZa.jpg

YUIdW5o.jpg

Final result.

T7qD6ED.jpg

gZUrscT.jpg

HRIPrSg.jpg

CUnUy35.jpg

XFhKgrp.jpg

39j5mUS.jpg

Tomorrow I may start thinking about the seats!!!

Good night!!!

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, perdu said:

Permission to carry on with the seats granted

;)

blimey that is scary real, very nice

Thanks Bill,

question:

What did you use for your blue and brown straps?

I may be walking the same path!!!!:wink:

I painted cartridge paper in the gold and blue colours

I should probably have given the goldenness less emphasis, but it is simply stuck on with cockpit glue or in places cyano

I am confident you will have them looking a lot better

• Like 1

Good evening,

just a small update. Today I concentrated on the seats' painting. 

They're nearly finished, just the ejection handles and some buckles for the seat belts to be added.

But that'll be done next weekend Tomorrow I'm flying to Montreal so...I'm not expecting big progress...

Here are a few pictures showwing the different stages.

c7cB46T.jpg

TnOBZz6.jpg

zEOaB69.jpg

mlHw0ZL.jpg

Hg2fqBi.jpg

9ZMlvmb.jpg

eYQcnfv.jpg

S27Z59A.jpg

WNEvQRi.jpg

Good night!!!

• Like 13

Good morning,

after having spent some time considering different aspects of buccaneer canopy on Bill's topic (Perdu), it's time for a small update.

to commemorate the Buccaneers deployment in Canada for what was a Canadian version of the Red Flag called Maple Flag (if I remember correctly!)

I brought my Bucc with me to Montreal, where I appear to be at the moment.So , even if it looks ugly once finished, I'll be at least in a position to say it flew to Canada as the real things did some years ago!!!

Anyway, I was here. After cutting the airbrake shells I had glued them to a piece of plastic card . Before going to the airport , I decided to add some material at the end as they looked too short.I used CA superglue and some flour, as I normally do.

FWal9hK.jpg

Yesterday, due to the jet leg, I got up at 2,30 AM and decided it was a good occasion for some modelling!!!

So I cut along the shapes I had drawn and , immediately after doing so, I realized...

KTq3YnH.jpg

...they were both right handers!!!:headbang:Could have stayed in bed!!!

DFlv2g5.jpg

Never mind, I'll add a new finlet.

za1z1Yb.jpg

oXfUpBq.jpg

X8j5Vmn.jpg

After some filing and sanding I got here!

D29FgJK.jpg

I cut two more shapes off thinner plastic card, to create my version of the Airwave PE sides.

IWvUmNc.jpg

From these new shapes, I drew the outlines of the parts to be cut and glued to the interior sides.

Last night, after work, I went on with the airbrakes ' detailling.

WtdlUoS.jpg

QPiaCY9.jpg

After some cutting drilling and sanding, this is what I got. Now I'll have to wait until i go back home to add some rivets, as my Rosie The riveter wasn't of the party!

MjoFmkM.jpg

31OMQyJ.jpg

On the airbrakes' outside, there seems to be a thicker area, which I decided to recreate by adding a plastic card shaped plate...itisn't much of an idea, and it won't be easy to let it bend to match the airbrake round shape. I started by glueing the plates to one side.

During the night I happened to go to the toilet , so I poured ed some Tamiya green cap glue into the joint to try to soften the sard and perform the miracle...

vLCUXDe.jpg

but the miracle didn't perform and the card bent on a straight line...

3rwKkiP.jpg

This morning I cut the plates to their final shape and started filing. I added some CA superglue in some points, where I saw some recesses. It'll work as filler.

That's it for now. 

Hope tonight I'm not too tired and can go on with the filing.

Ciao

Massimo

• Like 6

2 hours ago, massimo said:

I brought my Bucc with me to Montreal,

We never doubted that you would Massimo! :D

Handsome work on all those airbrakery perforations.

Are there any decent model shops whilst you're in town in case you need supplies?:whistle:

• Haha 3

do you know, I thought earlier that you mentioned that you took the model away with you, but now confirmed by taking it to Montreal. That is nuts, but glad you get away with it!

Do you ever get the hotels mentioning the smell of glue or paint when you leave?!

Lovely progress on both the cockpit and the airbrakes detail.

Edited by 71chally
  • Haha 1