Somewhere in Germany

Hello and welcome to my latest diorama, I hope you like it. I have been pretty busy with other things but I have had time to finish this off......finally. Any questions and comments are welcome.

z8qJRxb.jpg

LzGwlXi.jpg

EnF4FjK.jpg

eU0sUdb.jpg

T2JYDXL.jpg

3srabau.jpg

ER6XeQH.jpg

and a couple of mood pictures

Ni0GG2z.jpg?2

EWM45rH.jpg?1

• Like 13

That's an effective, eye-catching diorama. As said, plenty of different viewpoints give you the opportunity for some good mood shots.

I like the fact that you've tied down the stowage as well, and that 2 of the spare track links have been used.

I do have a couple of questions. What did you make that 'whip' aerial from, and what material did you use for the walls of the building - it looks to be something like pumice stone.

Rearguards,

Badder

19 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I don't really follow 'armour', but I think your modelling and photography are excellent. Well done.:thumbsup2: Ps. you need to add a y in the title.:)

"y" added :-) 

18 hours ago, Badder said:

That's an effective, eye-catching diorama. As said, plenty of different viewpoints give you the opportunity for some good mood shots.

I like the fact that you've tied down the stowage as well, and that 2 of the spare track links have been used.

I do have a couple of questions. What did you make that 'whip' aerial from, and what material did you use for the walls of the building - it looks to be something like pumice stone.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder, I used a piece of piano wire with a 2mm (I think it was) round section plastic with the centre drilled out for the whip aerial. The walls at the grave yard and building were made from floor insulation tiles, the shapes were cut out and then sanded smooth. For the grave yard walls I used a courser grade to give it a rougher brick finish as the building would be covered in plaster in reality. I hope this helps, if there are any more questions feel free to ask.

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job, what did you use for the grass?

I used three sizes of static grass, 2mm dark green, 2mm harvest gold (both woodland scenic) and WMS winter grass. I hope this helps, if there are any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks to everyone that has commented, it helps with the motivation for the next one to make it better :-)  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, David Mooney said:

Thanks to everyone that has commented, it helps with the motivation for the next one to make it better :-)  

A pleasure David,

Thanks for the info.

BTW. Someone suggested more rubble and debris for the building. Personally, I think your diorama is fine as it is as I assume it has a 'front' and a 'back' and it's mostly inside the building at the back of the dio where most of the rubble and debris would have fallen. Therefore it wouldn't really be seen.

However, modelling details at the back of dioramas does turn them into  'multi-view' dioramas, ones that can be viewed from all sides, and that means if you get bored with viewing them from the front, you can always turn them around!

I look forward to seeing your next diorama!

Rearguards,

Badder