F-15B Chase Plane

Angus Tura

Hello.

This more or less seamlessly slips from F-15 GB to KUTA X.

I've nearly got it to the point of sticking the airframe together:

171126CockpitNearly2

171126CockpitNearly1

The cockpit needs a few more switches and knobs painting. The windscreen has bee stuck on twice. First time, I got some glue, which looked high-gloss, just inside the windscreen on the coaming and I couldn't live with it. Its been prized off, and matt varnished again and stuck on a bit more carefully. There are a few gaps which I'm going to fill with black Mr.Surfacer.

The canopy is masked inside and out and sprayed:

171126CanopyMasked

Its going to be painful to get the outside framing white again.

The rest of the airframe is ready to close up:

171126Airframe nearly

I've just added the tab in front of the airbrake to support the coaming behind the cockpit better: it has needed a bit of thinning down to be flush with the panels each side of the airbrake.

I'm looking forwards to getting the airframe finished and trying a white finish.

Thanks,

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh dear! Another unfinished group build:

Pre-paint bits

I can't quite believe that it's two months since I posted on this. Meantime I haven't even started the F-104.

As you can see everything is just about ready for paint here. I do at least find that I'm still enthused by this and will just keep going...in aircraft RFI...not here!

I've been too busy with work and Christmas and, of course organising bits of the Huddersfield Show to which you must come. Put all ideas of Bovington next Sunday from your mind!

Alan

• Like 1