Mosquito Wheel Well Colours

Stein Meum

As far as I know both. The upper section (ceiling and the sides down to the level of the lower wing) is interior green. The lower section, the side walls of the actual nacelles, (below the level of the lower wing) is painted aluminium/silver. Bulkhead and firewall in the nacelle are painted silver too. Gear doors are painted silver on the inside.

Edited by elger
added nuance
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, elger said:

As far as I know both. The upper section (ceiling and the sides down to the level of the lower wing) is interior green. The lower section, the side walls of the actual nacelles, (below the level of the lower wing) is painted aluminium/silver. Bulkhead and firewall in the nacelle are painted silver too. Gear doors are painted silver on the inside.

Thanks Elger!

This is most likely. At least this fits in with the photos of the forward side of the firewall, as well. And was one option I have considered.

Restorations tend to go for "all green" interiors. Far away in the back of my mind, I seem to remember that one or two factories building Mossies did not paint the wells green late in the war.

Stein M.