A-6 SEA Experimental Scheme

I going stick a pin in this one and say it`s done. I had planned to shorten the rod and place a blurred Vietnam base underneath it, but on hindsight, I`ll save that for something else. 

I based the scheme on this photo....,

37005387623_35f3169206_b.jpg 

...... showing an A-6A from VA-85 in SEA in July 1965.

Now I`ve seen a number of A-6`s in various experimental schemes from the era, but never with this weird USN intermediate blue underside. Now you could argue that the exposure of the photo plays a big part in the shades and you would be absolutely correct. Saying that, I thought it would be fun to just go with the flow and see what happens.

This build is certainly not one of my best, but it gave me a bit of much needed experience in practicing/recreating bomb drops as well as making an in-flight A-6 which both real world and what if enthusiasts may appreciate.   

26875382219_fc628cbd2c_c.jpg

38651409261_e3d0ef2961_c.jpg 

26875382069_c205926272_c.jpg 

38651407851_7a3b7e289e_c.jpg 

Thanks for looking.

• Like 24

Great looking Intruder .. I really like the Camouflage. If i may add one thing ?

I really like your display with the bombs dropping but i think they wouldnt have all dropped simultaneously. I think they had a specific order to drop ?  Like i said though it still looks great.