Burma's Oscar Spring 1942

Given the name 'Hayabusa' (Peregrine Falcon) by the Japanese and 'Oscar' by the Allies, The model depicts an early variant of the Oscar flown by 64th Hiko-Sentai commander Major Tateo Kato spring 1942 Burma.

I build the model straight out of the box including the decals nice kit from Fujimi just tad expensive. The paint was Tamiya IJA Green (XF-13) for the upper fuselage. and below I used a slight mixed with other green to give a lighter green, Paint chipping is done using liquid mask and sponge. The antenna line was using stretch spruce.

Thank you guys for the peek cheers.

DSC_4997.jpg

DSC_5000.jpg

DSC_5001.jpg

DSC_5002.jpg

• Like 18

37 minutes ago, SoftScience said:

I didn't know Fujimi had an Oscar. What scale?

That's a neat looking build. That blue trimmed bands look very sharp!

Thanks Mate, 1:72 scale, Great kit and easy to assembled no issues while building.

Very nice. I built this same kit, with the same markings. I think the green you chose is much better than what I did.

By the way, I don't know if there are any other Mk 1 Hayabusa kits in 1/72. (if there are, I wouldn't mind trying one of them!).

Regards,

David

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dazey said:

By the way, I don't know if there are any other Mk 1 Hayabusa kits in 1/72. (if there are, I wouldn't mind trying one of them!).

Nice Oscar! There was Revell Mk I 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/937906-revell-h-641-nakajima-ki-43-1-hayabusa

I did it in school time and then re-painted and finally mine went to people some 35 years ago... 

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JWM said:
4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Nice Oscar! There was Revell Mk I 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/937906-revell-h-641-nakajima-ki-43-1-hayabusa

I did it in school time and then re-painted and finally mine went to people some 35 years ago... 

Cheers

J-W

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for the info. Do you think it's better than the Fujimi kit? It looks pretty old...

Regards

David

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Do you think it's better than the Fujimi kit? It looks pretty old...

No, certainly it is not better. Thi kit origin from 1964. So it is like Hien Revell vs. Hasegawa...So currently I have one Fujimi in stash.

Cheers

J-W

5 hours ago, JWM said:

No, certainly it is not better. Thi kit origin from 1964. So it is like Hien Revell vs. Hasegawa...So currently I have one Fujimi in stash.

Cheers

J-W

OK, good to know. If by some chance I come across the older one, I will let it pass.

Regards,

David

18 hours ago, Dazey said:

Very nice. I built this same kit, with the same markings. I think the green you chose is much better than what I did.

Regards,

David

Thanks, David I am still learning and yet to learn many things from here as well, This isn't my first Oscar last four didn't look good as well, if I could pull it up will share here. I think Arii also make Ki-42-i, a bit aged by today standard but was the champion of its time.

cheers

14 hours ago, Mr B said:

Looking good

keep building bro 

rgds

Thanks, Brian, I am will be working on the last two picture soon, sorry for delays was a bit down.

12 hours ago, glatisant said:

Super build. The Fujimi kit is excellent,goes together easily and looks the part when finished,as you can see from this fine build.

Thank you, it is a fun built I say, it fits very well, wish they gave more decals options.

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very good looking Oscar 👍

thanks, buddy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:
18 hours ago, glatisant said:

Super build. The Fujimi kit is excellent,goes together easily and looks the part when finished,as you can see from this fine build.

Thank you, it is a fun built I say, it fits very well, wish they gave more decals options.

I'm pretty sure they have different boxings of the same kit with different marking options (available from some online providers), although you may only ever get a single option with each boxing.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'm pretty sure they have different boxings of the same kit with different marking options (available from some online providers), although you may only ever get a single option with each boxing.

Regards,

David

True, It is the availability of the kit, Being from Imphal and being part of the region of the Burma's campaign, trying to find a kit of the campaign and when you find a one get super excited. Fujimi has a nice spitfire of Burma's campaign that is my next project in Burma series, requested on HLJ let see when i get.

• Like 2