Arma Hobby 1:72 PZL P.7A

My latest project is the neat little P.7a from Arma. This is a somewhat short-run (but very cleverly engineered) kit, which I believe is the second injection-molded release from this Polish manufacturer. The version I used was the "Junior Edition" which comes with two markings options and a small PE fret that includes harnesses, ring and bead sights, and cowling struts. 

The kit has pretty good details, but I did elect to rescribe some of the fuselage panel lines, as they were a bit uneven. The small parts have large sprue gates, but they attach at particular angles, which makes them easy to clip off without damaging the pieces. Parts fit is good, and the PE is very easy to use as well. 

I added EZ-Line bracing for the landing gear and painted the kit with mixes of Tamiya colors. Overall, I'm very pleased, and will be getting more Arma Hobby kits, as they become available. 

LRM_20171124_145657.jpg

LRM_20171124_145732.jpg
LRM_20171124_145742.jpg
LRM_20171124_145841.jpg
LRM_20171124_145859.jpg
LRM_20171124_145918.jpg
LRM_20171124_145811.jpg

I posed them model next to its successor, the PZL P.11c, built around 6 or 7 years ago from the Heller kit. 

IMG_20171124_150152813.jpg

• Like 32

1 hour ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Great looking model, 😊, nice to see Eduard tool some Polish WW2 aircraft 😊

Is Arma Hobby a subsidiary of Eduard???

I didn't think Eduard has anything to do with this tooling. Unless I'm missing a joke here? 

Very nice job on an attractive little aeroplane! I like your collection, also - especially the Polish Il-2. I notice the Kobra in the background - Sultan Ahmet-Khan's aircraft? - I'm working on his aircraft right now (Hobby Boss).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Learstang said:

I notice the Kobra in the background - Sultan Ahmet-Khan's aircraft? - I'm working on his aircraft right now (Hobby Boss).

Regards,

Jason

Indeed it is. Built from the Academy kit.

Its got a shallow fuselage and dubious looking landing gear, but its a fun model to build. How is the Hobby Boss kit?

11 hours ago, Mitch K said:

Superb! Much nicer than the Misterkit offering!

Light-years ahead. Easier to build, too. :)

• Like 2

Great PZL...the PZL 11 from Encore was my reintroduction to modelling about 17 years ago...those Polish chaps hold a special place in my heart.  Your '7' is superb.

Love to see a build thread regarding the etched bits...

I have noticed that Arma will be adding a Fokker DVIII to their stable...1/72nd too!  I have it in my wish list at Hannant's...

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, SoftScience said:

Indeed it is. Built from the Academy kit.

Its got a shallow fuselage and dubious looking landing gear, but its a fun model to build. How is the Hobby Boss kit?

I've also built the Academy kit, which I finished as Georgiy Rechkalov's aircraft. The Hobby Boss kit is from the Easy Assembly line, so not much in the way of an interior, but a nice easy build, and it looks like an Airacobra to me. I've painted it and just need to add the decals, including the yellow snake, of course. I also intend on doing Ahmet-Khan's La-7, with a red cowling and a yellow spinner.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Great PZL...the PZL 11 from Encore was my reintroduction to modelling about 17 years ago...those Polish chaps hold a special place in my heart.  Your '7' is superb.

Love to see a build thread regarding the etched bits...

I have noticed that Arma will be adding a Fokker DVIII to their stable...1/72nd too!  I have it in my wish list at Hannant's...

Neat!

I wonder if they're going to become the go-to name in high wing monoplane modeling. There are worse things to be than that. I'm having dreams if interwar French types!!!!!!

As for a WIP, I have a condensed one on my Facebook group called Small Scale or Bust. 

Look us up. If you knock on the door, I'll let you in. :)