Me262 pictures link.

Pete in Lincs

Link to a set of pictures taken at Wright field in 1945.

They show two Me262's which were evaluated by the USAF.

Lots of detail down to the airframe structure.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1511394394/Captured+Me+262+A-1a+Schwalbe+%40+Wright+Field+July+1945+...

I found the link on hyperscale.com. Hopefully no one there will mind me doing this here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:50 AM, spaddad said:

Outstanding

Meant to tell you- nice avatar! I have a new internet modeling friend who has flown everything from F-86's to F-101's and he flew A-1H's in SEA with the 601st SOS, and he loved the old brute....the stories he has told me about his flying career are unbelieveable!

Mike

12 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Meant to tell you- nice avatar! I have a new internet modeling friend who has flown everything from F-86's to F-101's and he flew A-1H's in SEA with the 601st SOS, and he loved the old brute....the stories he has told me about his flying career are unbelieveable!

Mike

Usually my favourite a/c, you can't go wrong with the products of the Douglas aircraft company, Dakota, Skyhawk, B-26, DC-9,  B-66/A3, F-4, F-18, to name just a few, they haven't made many duffers.

You're all very welcome.

I just find this stuff and pass it on. My thanks go to the original poster over there.

The 262 is one of my favourite aircraft, but I doubt I'll build another anytime soon,

I have too much other stuff to do!