1/72 R.A.F. supply canisters?

Simon

11 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

The SOE also had their own container designs which were similar but different to the CLE range.

Thanks for that Aeronut. Hopefully someone can help the OP out so he doesn't have to go down the dreaded scratch building path!

Hello,

Heritage Aviation did a set of resin ones, the company is now called Kits for Cash,...might be worth contacting them;

https://www.kitsforcash.com/Latest-News-p5.htm

I used them on a Stirling A.Mk.IV kit;

They are pretty basic and some of mine were a bit bent,....but they look great once fitted;

17f

Cheers

Tony

The CLE MkIII container (as modelled by Heritage) was 14 inches in diameter and 5ft 6.5 inches long including the crash head, so in 1:72  you are looking at 4.9mm diameter and 23.46mm overall. The supporting cradle could be moved over a range of 7 inches for centre of gravity reasons. the container and cradle were supplied with a dark RAF blue grey finish which could be overpainted by the user to aid location and identification. A location aid containing bells and lights could be added between the container body and the crash head increasing the overall length by 2 inches.

The CLE III survived in service to be used on the Nimrod fleet, although by then it had become the Container, Land Equipment and was painted signal red.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all the replies everyone.

The Heritage ones are the ones I was thinking of. I dropped an e-mail to KitsForCash, and they're no longer available, which is a shame. Quite fancy having a go at scratchbuilding some at a later date, so thanks for the dimensions Aeronut.

Simon