H.S.Buccaneer////Finished/////////////

stevej60

Last one folk's and number ten also long overdue in the GB, I know I built this one back in what must have been 1976 as I was hooked on Sailor

on the BBC and those lovely Bucc's and Phantoms,probably by another post Christmas build so just marking a spot,

bucc

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Kit arrived in the earlier boxing than shown,inside the kit was as good as the day it went in,decals were as new but I can't resist this scheme so

ordering tomorrow,

90th

• Like 4

That 12 Squadron scheme is soooo cooool Steve! 

If your kit is in the original plastic, have fun working with the two blues and the white.

IFAIK - the canopy is a little off with this kit, especially the mid-section canopy framing which is more straight than angled - as viewed in that great profile above.

Have fun with this build. I also have this kit as a fairly recent purchase so will be watching on with keen interest.

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That 12 Squadron scheme is soooo cooool Steve! 

If your kit is in the original plastic, have fun working with the two blues and the white.

IFAIK - the canopy is a little off with this kit, especially the mid-section canopy framing which is more straight than angled - as viewed in that great profile above.

Have fun with this build. I also have this kit as a fairly recent purchase so will be watching on with keen interest.

Cheers.. Dave

Cheer's Dave yes that blue plastic was a shock.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's had an hour tonight so with the full intention of moving on the D H Otter  I  thought I'd fondle the plastic on this one well the next thing I know

is,well this

20171206_201540

Probably for the best if I can leave just the Victor to do by January as I think it may be a slower build,I've decided wheels up on the stand

for this one I think the scheme lends itself to to an in flight pose,good fit so far needed a bit of sanding to fit the U/C doors to fit but

otherwise not bad.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

Steve, this build is 'right' on so many levels! :popcorn:

Cliff

Many thank's Cliff,I did a little today as in the photo the front in takes  were not fixed into place,there are blanking plates with the blades molded

which are now painted and the inside of the intakes have been painted white,might get a 1st coat ontonight will update with a photo tomorrow.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Hi folk's I filled in where needed and I've primed her to see what's been missed as the various colours of the plastic dont help.Not a lot needed

when I looked around it.

20171215_110323

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Remember building this one too and thinking Matchbox must have gotten the measurements wrong as it was a big model. Only later did I realise the real Bucc was indeed a large plane after seeing the real one for the first time B)

It is a big beast and look's like bits were added into the design that didn't belong on the original drawing's not pretty by any mean's but she has a

certain "charm"

Oh Lord why do you torment me thus? Total disaster with the decal's I'm afraid,first of all I had not realised they were on a solid backing so each

one has to be cut out which fair enough I can manage.Then every one of the multi part green banding broke up in the just warm water,so she's had

to go back into the paint shop for an upper surface re-spray so looks good at the moment expect Matcbox's box scheme shortly.

Edited by stevej60
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Those decals would be getting on for 50 years old, might have worked with some of that brush on decal recovery malarky.

I've got some Modeldecal options ( 2 are EDSG/White, 1 overall EDSG) which you could have should the Matchbox decals go t**ts up on you too.

8 hours ago, spaddad said:

Those decals would be getting on for 50 years old, might have worked with some of that brush on decal recovery malarky.

I've got some Modeldecal options ( 2 are EDSG/White, 1 overall EDSG) which you could have should the Matchbox decals go t**ts up on you too.

Cheer's Dave,I'll see how it goes.