IAI Nesher help reference needs

Piero

Hello,

I' looking for pictures of IAI Nesher 561 (61) of IAF's top gun Giora Epstein, in 113th "The Hornet" squadron markings.

I was able to find out only a couple of pics of the forward section of this Nesher, with Giora strike a pose in casual dress, but nothing about the rear section of the aircraft.

I'm interested to know what was on the vertical tail during and following the Yom Kippur war.

Any info is appreciated.

CIAO!

Piero

Edited by Piero

Unfortunately I cannot tell you the date. The identification triangles were added to distinguish from Libyan Mirages. Pictures can be found of Nesher's from the Yom Kippur war without them. That doesn't mean they remained that way to wars' end necessarily.

YuZcl9.jpg

Edited by TBC

The story goes that when Egypt signed a separate peace agreement with Israel, the triangles were removed from the Israeli aircraft and were applied by the Egyptians.

Not sure whether can help with the time frame or whether it's a real story.

3 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

The story goes that when Egypt signed a separate peace agreement with Israel, the triangles were removed from the Israeli aircraft and were applied by the Egyptians.

Not sure whether can help with the time frame or whether it's a real story.

That's highly unlikely.

Libyan-Egyptian war started on 20th july 1977. 

Egyptians applied then the triangles to their Mirage 5SDE as the Libyans operated different marks of Mirage 5.

Camp David agreements between Israel and Egypt were signed a year latter in 1978.

On 22/11/2017 at 11:07 PM, TBC said:

Unfortunately I cannot tell you the date. The identification triangles were added to distinguish from Libyan Mirages. Pictures can be found of Nesher's from the Yom Kippur war without them. That doesn't mean they remained that way to wars' end necessarily.

YuZcl9.jpg

Thank you!!!

This is what I was looking for... now back to my Nesher...

CIAO!

Piero