R34 Z-Tune

Ian

Started this a couple of days ago.

u9STakA.jpg

rSR4yC8.jpg

Very straightforward Tamiya 'curbside' kit of one of the last Nismo R34's to escape from Nissans' 'Skunkworks'. All the body needed was the (frankly b*tt-ugly) front air-dam/grill one-piece section added, then a good rub-down with a Tamiya 1000 grit scuffing pad and a couple of quick coats of their white primer.

26m1A6A.jpg

ZsSlvLq.jpg

I also rescribed all the panel lines to make them a lot deeper - a tip I have happily adopted from Tom Rujter - Looks pretty nice just in the glass smooth primer, will shoot the first of the two-tone paint tomorrow hopefully. Stay tuned folks and please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments.

AFN

Ian. 

Tamiya Purple as a base-coat for the (pearl) top coats.

JAtqOK2.jpg

xer14u3.jpg

Will let this dry & cure until after the weekend at least- we've got a very warm Spring here just now so drying shouldn't be an issue.

Ian.

• Like 1

OK, get ready to make an "Ewwww" face !

SX32tfi.jpg

bE3coXY.jpg

K4b29RS.jpg

Obviously the bodyshell needs it's second (pearl) colour, might get  to apply that tomorrow. PLEASE let me know what you think - over to you.

Ian.

• Confused 1

Progress:

jZujdGn.jpg

Lp0ZFqu.jpg

Interior all finished. Carpets (which you can't see in the pics) are die-cut and sticky-backed, and come with the Tamiya 'Detail Up' set.

WdM2gNn.jpg

kJ3qxDo.jpg

Tamiya 'Pearl White' over glossy white done, I'll give it three or four days to cure fully before cutting & polishing it back. Whilst that is going on in the background, I'll build-up and paint the rolling chassis.

AFN

Ian.

Edited by Ian