Israeli Mirage IIICJ with long Tzniut recce nose

Robertone139

I understand the supersonic centerline tank.

I am asking about the conformal shape UNDER the rear section of the fuselage.

The Neshers and Kfirs (derivatives of the Mirage 5) all seem to use the rocket fairing.

The Shahaks (Mirage IIICJ) had the smaller auxiliary CONFORMAL tank and the ventral fin.

Since AML does not give any worth guidance on which to use for the recce versions, I am asking whether anyone knows here.

Thanks.

Okay. Awake and paying attention now. It wasn't clear to me whether or not you had the AML conversion set so I have included a scan of that too. Clearly 498 does have the fairing, not the ventral fin.

RzoIfJ.jpg

Jtnwbn.jpg

Edited by TBC
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

I actually have the 1/72 AML kit with the Tarmil a Long nose, but the instructions are not as clear.

can I ask you where did you get those photos, I have been looking for something like that.

The scan of the AML instructions is from my 1/48 conversion set. The photo of aircraft 498 taking off is from the book From Mirage to Kfir Part 1 - The Mirage IIIC Shahak.

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

Just to add to a thread I stumbled across, the Israelis did not order the SEPR rocket for their Mirage IIICJ's. 

Even the French only used it for a limited amount of time early on in the career of the C. 

Cheers,

Andre