Jump to content

If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tobby the Hun

Tiger 1 of Das Reich

Recommended Posts

Considering that is the old Tamiya Tiger, that is an excellent bit of work!:goodjob:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

Sweeeeet‼️😎

Now that’s some awesome weathering on that tiger 🐅👍😍

Cheers,

Mr.Happy(In name only)

 

13 hours ago, Carius said:

Excellent job indeed :thumbsup2:

 

1 hour ago, Niknak said:

Very nice, 

 

3 hours ago, HL-10 said:

Considering that is the old Tamiya Tiger, that is an excellent bit of work!:goodjob:

Thanks a lot, boys. Glad you like it

Cheers 

T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kris B said:

I feel jealous Toby. Your Tiger is much better then my. I like the weathering effects such as flickering paint, bullet damages and mud. Good job. 

Hi Kris. Thank you very much. But don't feel jealous, after all it is just a hobby and if YOU enjoyed your build: mission completed!!!

All the best

Tobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb vignette skilfully executed. An eye magnet. Inspirational. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bigglesof266 said:

Superb vignette skilfully executed. An eye magnet. Inspirational. 

Thanks a lot Biggles, great to inspire someone...;)

Cheers

T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is definitely one of the most impressive tank builds that I have ever seen. Thanks for posting it. I really enjoyed looking at it and the details will be helpful for a future build that is on my "To Do" list.                    Bob H.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bob Henry said:

That is definitely one of the most impressive tank builds that I have ever seen. Thanks for posting it. I really enjoyed looking at it and the details will be helpful for a future build that is on my "To Do" list.                    Bob H.

Thank you very, very much Bob. That really spurs me on for the next projects.

Cheers

T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 13:34, Jasper dog said:

Stunning and the base just brings it all to life!

Masterpiece.🙄

Hi Jasper,

thank you. And yes, I'm always trying to Show my models in their typical habitat on a Little base. Wouldn't call these little vignettes a Diorama, but even a few square inches of mud/snow/desert add a lot to every model.

 

All the best

cheers Tobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tobby,

 

A stunning Tiger in a great little vignette! I can't add anything that hasn't already been said except that your groundwork, the dry mud, the undergrowth and the tree, are as excellent as the Tiger.

 

Can I ask what you used for the undergrowth? And also, are the tracks the ones that came with the kit?

 

I have two Tamiya Tigers in the stash (late and initial production) to follow up on my first ever Tiger (mid production) which was my first kit after a 35yr gap. A couple of years have passed since I made that Tiger, and I now look at it and think it a very poor effort on my part! I'll be very happy if my Tigers turn out half as good as yours!

 

btw, I started making models around 1978 and Tamiya were streets ahead of anyone else. So, I am biased too, but you are right in saying that Tamiya is still the best!

 

Rearguards,

Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 10:14, Kev The Modeller said:

Lovely work mate top draw stuff this :yes:

Thanks Kev, happy you like it...

Cheers

Tobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 12:42, Badder said:

Hi Tobby,

 

A stunning Tiger in a great little vignette! I can't add anything that hasn't already been said except that your groundwork, the dry mud, the undergrowth and the tree, are as excellent as the Tiger.

 

Can I ask what you used for the undergrowth? And also, are the tracks the ones that came with the kit?

 

I have two Tamiya Tigers in the stash (late and initial production) to follow up on my first ever Tiger (mid production) which was my first kit after a 35yr gap. A couple of years have passed since I made that Tiger, and I now look at it and think it a very poor effort on my part! I'll be very happy if my Tigers turn out half as good as yours!

 

btw, I started making models around 1978 and Tamiya were streets ahead of anyone else. So, I am biased too, but you are right in saying that Tamiya is still the best!

 

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

thank you so much for the nice feedback.

 

As with most of my vignettes the base ist made of Styrodur, an insolation foam, light but hard enough. It is roughly cut in shape and then covered with tile glue powder mixed with wood glue, water, sand and pigments. So you don´t have to paint it and it doesn't matter if a bit scratches of, it's still brown/earthy...

And the tracks are the rubber tracks of the kit, just painted and weathered...

 

All the best for 2018 and happy modelling...

 

Cheers from Germany

 

Tobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tobby the Hun said:

 

 

All the best for 2018 and happy modelling...

 

Cheers from Germany

 

Tobby

Und das gleiche fur sie!

 

Badder

 

ps... what did you use for the plants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Badder said:

Und das gleiche fur sie!

 

Badder

 

ps... what did you use for the plants?

Easy job: The tree trunk is  a piece of Rhododendron out of my garden, the twigs are a natural veggie stuff we call Seemoos . Could not find an English word for it. The grass is from NOCH. Everything was airbrushed in tones that matched the scene...

 

Tobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only echo the other comments regarding the quality of the finish, weathering and battle damage. Great job!

 

I particularly like the lighting and setup of the second photo. The dappled shadows of the foliage and depth of field are particularly pleasing to the eye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tobby the Hun said:

stuff we call Seemoos

Yeah, I recognised that. It's called Sea Foam here.

Cheers.

Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.1.2018 at 01:51, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Bravo!  :coolio:

 

On 12.1.2018 at 23:28, Nick Charnock said:

Class!

 

On 12.1.2018 at 11:08, Arachnid said:

Bootiful, absolutely Bootiful 😁

 

On 12.1.2018 at 10:32, Paul_B said:

I can only echo the other comments regarding the quality of the finish, weathering and battle damage. Great job!

 

I particularly like the lighting and setup of the second photo. The dappled shadows of the foliage and depth of field are particularly pleasing to the eye. 

Thank you very, very much lads...

All the best

Tobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning modelling, and superbly photographed too. Brilliant all round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×