Now that’s some awesome weathering on that tiger 🐅👍😍

Cheers,

Mr.Happy(In name only)

13 hours ago, Carius said:

Excellent job indeed :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, Niknak said:

Very nice, 

3 hours ago, HL-10 said:

Considering that is the old Tamiya Tiger, that is an excellent bit of work!:goodjob:

Thanks a lot, boys. Glad you like it

Cheers 

T.

16 hours ago, Kris B said:

I feel jealous Toby. Your Tiger is much better then my. I like the weathering effects such as flickering paint, bullet damages and mud. Good job. 

Hi Kris. Thank you very much. But don't feel jealous, after all it is just a hobby and if YOU enjoyed your build: mission completed!!!

All the best

Tobby

• Like 1

That is definitely one of the most impressive tank builds that I have ever seen. Thanks for posting it. I really enjoyed looking at it and the details will be helpful for a future build that is on my "To Do" list.                    Bob H.

21 hours ago, Bob Henry said:

That is definitely one of the most impressive tank builds that I have ever seen. Thanks for posting it. I really enjoyed looking at it and the details will be helpful for a future build that is on my "To Do" list.                    Bob H.

Thank you very, very much Bob. That really spurs me on for the next projects.

Cheers

T.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎29‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 13:34, Jasper dog said:

Stunning and the base just brings it all to life!

Masterpiece.🙄

Hi Jasper,

thank you. And yes, I'm always trying to Show my models in their typical habitat on a Little base. Wouldn't call these little vignettes a Diorama, but even a few square inches of mud/snow/desert add a lot to every model.

All the best

cheers Tobby

Hi Tobby,

A stunning Tiger in a great little vignette! I can't add anything that hasn't already been said except that your groundwork, the dry mud, the undergrowth and the tree, are as excellent as the Tiger.

Can I ask what you used for the undergrowth? And also, are the tracks the ones that came with the kit?

I have two Tamiya Tigers in the stash (late and initial production) to follow up on my first ever Tiger (mid production) which was my first kit after a 35yr gap. A couple of years have passed since I made that Tiger, and I now look at it and think it a very poor effort on my part! I'll be very happy if my Tigers turn out half as good as yours!

btw, I started making models around 1978 and Tamiya were streets ahead of anyone else. So, I am biased too, but you are right in saying that Tamiya is still the best!

Rearguards,

Badder

On ‎10‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 12:42, Badder said:

Hi Tobby,

A stunning Tiger in a great little vignette! I can't add anything that hasn't already been said except that your groundwork, the dry mud, the undergrowth and the tree, are as excellent as the Tiger.

Can I ask what you used for the undergrowth? And also, are the tracks the ones that came with the kit?

I have two Tamiya Tigers in the stash (late and initial production) to follow up on my first ever Tiger (mid production) which was my first kit after a 35yr gap. A couple of years have passed since I made that Tiger, and I now look at it and think it a very poor effort on my part! I'll be very happy if my Tigers turn out half as good as yours!

btw, I started making models around 1978 and Tamiya were streets ahead of anyone else. So, I am biased too, but you are right in saying that Tamiya is still the best!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

thank you so much for the nice feedback.

As with most of my vignettes the base ist made of Styrodur, an insolation foam, light but hard enough. It is roughly cut in shape and then covered with tile glue powder mixed with wood glue, water, sand and pigments. So you don´t have to paint it and it doesn't matter if a bit scratches of, it's still brown/earthy...

And the tracks are the rubber tracks of the kit, just painted and weathered...

All the best for 2018 and happy modelling...

Cheers from Germany

Tobby

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tobby the Hun said:

All the best for 2018 and happy modelling...

Cheers from Germany

Tobby

Und das gleiche fur sie!

Badder

ps... what did you use for the plants?

7 hours ago, Badder said:

Und das gleiche fur sie!

Badder

ps... what did you use for the plants?

Easy job: The tree trunk is  a piece of Rhododendron out of my garden, the twigs are a natural veggie stuff we call Seemoos . Could not find an English word for it. The grass is from NOCH. Everything was airbrushed in tones that matched the scene...

Tobby

• Like 1

I can only echo the other comments regarding the quality of the finish, weathering and battle damage. Great job!

I particularly like the lighting and setup of the second photo. The dappled shadows of the foliage and depth of field are particularly pleasing to the eye. 

On 13.1.2018 at 01:51, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Bravo!  :coolio:

On 12.1.2018 at 23:28, Nick Charnock said:

Class!

On 12.1.2018 at 11:08, Arachnid said:

Bootiful, absolutely Bootiful 😁

On 12.1.2018 at 10:32, Paul_B said:

I can only echo the other comments regarding the quality of the finish, weathering and battle damage. Great job!

I particularly like the lighting and setup of the second photo. The dappled shadows of the foliage and depth of field are particularly pleasing to the eye. 

Thank you very, very much lads...

All the best

Tobby

• 1 month later...