I built this over the past weekend and painted it and weathered it since this past Saturday. It was a bit of a rush because I just wanted to build something that is fast. Also please take into consideration that I haven't painted/weathered a tank in about a half year/year. Due to my investment in the 1/16 KT.

IMG_1063IMG_1064IMG_1065IMG_1066

Its pretty rough but I plan on touching it up some more.

Mark

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its very good work for a weekend build. I would add a little more stowage if it were mine. But thats me.

I was planning on doing that, just waiting for it to arrive so this is all I have so far.

• Like 1

Not bad at all. You have a grasp as to where the dirt would be either from use weather or crew traffic.

A couple of things if I may.

The wartime Olive Drab paint was extremely tough and resilient to wear and chipping. You would never see bare metal exposed unless done so by extreme force, i.e. a shell hit. Even bullets didn't mar the paint much. 

The area you have painted white on the barrel was actually bare metal. That is the recoil area of the barrel and had to remain unpainted due to close tolerances between the barrel and the mantlet.

Don't forget to paint the glass prisms in the TC's cupola. Clear blue will look great. Make sure they remain glossy.

Overall a good effort!

G

14 minutes ago, AgentG said:

Not bad at all. You have a grasp as to where the dirt would be either from use weather or crew traffic.

A couple of things if I may.

The wartime Olive Drab paint was extremely tough and resilient to wear and chipping. You would never see bare metal exposed unless done so by extreme force, i.e. a shell hit. Even bullets didn't mar the paint much. 

The area you have painted white on the barrel was actually bare metal. That is the recoil area of the barrel and had to remain unpainted due to close tolerances between the barrel and the mantlet.

Don't forget to paint the glass prisms in the TC's cupola. Clear blue will look great. Make sure they remain glossy.

Overall a good effort!

G

Thanks for the info man, pretty sure the instructions said it was white, but ill take a second look at them and make the appropriate changes. i haven't done a whole lot of American armor so this type of info is much appreciated. W/ the cupola and tools, etc. I still have a list of smaller details that need to be fixed like previously listed.

Mark

Quite good biuld. I will point that the star on the front of the hull should be straight. Also the element (that one with bolts) above the transmission cover section was integrated part of it and shouldn't be a gap there. 

m4a3e8_008_of_109.jpg

Photo from Prime portal

20 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Great work,we all  improve with knowledge,and about the star you should have seen mine when I first started modeling Aircraft,every way but right.Cheers.

oh my, never even noticed that the star was crooked in the first place... it must have been shifted by my fingers by accident directly after I put it onto the model. All of the other stars are straight so the front star was obviously a fluke, and now my OCD will drive me crazy about it.

• Thanks 1