Pair of P-47s

I'm not going to say what a lovely pair of...!  However, they are a superb duo of Juggernauts.  Interesting that you prefer the Academy kit.  I'm looking for a suitable candidate for a SEAC aircraft so maybe I'll go down the Academy route. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

I'm not going to say what a lovely pair of...!  However, they are a superb duo of Juggernauts.  Interesting that you prefer the Academy kit.  I'm looking for a suitable candidate for a SEAC aircraft so maybe I'll go down the Academy route. 

The aircraft nose art is already Viz territory enough ;)

1 hour ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Academy seems to have too much rake on the undercarriage but by far the nice kit. Thanks to @warhawk for helping me out with decals

So you are saying that, in your opinion, the Academy beats the excellent 1/72 Revell?

Martin

@RidgeRunner I didn’t check the outlines or panels against drawings so I can’t comment on the relative accuracy (or not) but the rendering of the engine, fit of the cowl, rendering of the indercarriage legs and general ease of clean up and fit made me turn to the Academy one first whenever I got to the bench. Not that the Revell one was bad though. Simple personal preference. 

I did end up stealing the tail fillet and drop tanks from Revell for the Academy one and I had to add belts 

Edited by LostCosmonauts
Remembered I scavenged bits from Revell dua to paucity of ordinance on the Academy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Thanks to @warhawk for helping me out with decals

No problem mate, glad to see spares I never would have used on a nice model like Yours.

Thanks to You too for helping me source a very rare Spitfire Mk.XII by Xtrakit, I've been working on and off on it for some time with no major problems so far.

BTW, what silver did You use for the "Balls Out" ?

• Thanks 1