Do-24T Update-Kit, Italerie, 1:72

Hi Mates,

after a quite Long time, last but not least because I could not start topics with my Firefox-Browser, I would like to show, one of my recent builds. It`s the updated Version of the quite old Kit from Italerie. Mostly oob, only the Exhausts are from Quickboost, Paints are above RLM 72+73 from Agama, below RLM 65 from Humbrol, done as always by brush. I hope you like this cutie, as I do.

Any criticism is highly appreciated.

Best regards

Stefan

nwwlckt3.jpgtmn4yz45.jpg

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Stefan

If this kit is brush-painted, I'd love to borrow your paint brush! Fantastic job on one of my favorite kits from Italeri- RLM 72/73 colors are spot on. Well done! I'd love to see Revell/Germany do new-tools of the Italeri seaplanes and multi-engine kits.

Mike

• Like 1

Excellent job!

You've really captured the somewhat ungainly but still elegant look of this big boat!

This is the updated Italeri kit, do you perhaps know what went into the update? Was it just cleaning up the venerable old moulding so it could see continued use or are there new things to be found in the box?

Hm. I think there might be an X-boat shaped hole in my stash...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gazontipede said:

Excellent job!

You've really captured the somewhat ungainly but still elegant look of this big boat!

This is the updated Italeri kit, do you perhaps know what went into the update? Was it just cleaning up the venerable old moulding so it could see continued use or are there new things to be found in the box?

Hm. I think there might be an X-boat shaped hole in my stash...

They updated the Kit very smart. Some sense full Metal parts, some additional plastic parts and a fantastic decal sheet. They also reworked the hull sides with additional windows for example.

It`s really worth buying and building.

Best Regards.

Stefan

6 hours ago, A6Intruder said:

They updated the Kit very smart. Some sense full Metal parts, some additional plastic parts and a fantastic decal sheet. They also reworked the hull sides with additional windows for example.

It`s really worth buying and building.

Best Regards.

Stefan

Ooh. Thanks Stefan, that looks highly promising!

You really aren't helping me resist the impulse to buy this kit! :winkgrin:

I'd really like to do an MLD X-boat in the pre-Pacific war NEI colours with the big orange triangles or an A49 boat after the escape to Australia and 'joining' the RAAF, but being Cyclone powered Do-24K they would require some kit bashing...

• Like 1

Hello Intruder,

Perfect model of this famous Do-24.

Recently finished a book regarding this type. development and users (German-Dutch-Spanish-French)

Interesting was the fact that Spain used these aircraft until 1970. Stationed at the Balearen Islands. This was new to me. 

Information regarding the book:

ISBN; 90-73304-09-1

Authors: Pieter van Wijngaarden/Prudent Staal.

Available: www.vanstarkenburg.com/militaria

Regards,

Dirk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello Intruder,

Perfect model of this famous Do-24.

Recently finished a book regarding this type. development and users (German-Dutch-Spanish-French)

Interesting was the fact that Spain used these aircraft until 1970. Stationed at the Balearen Islands. This was new to me. 

Information regarding the book:

ISBN; 90-73304-09-1

Authors: Pieter van Wijngaarden/Prudent Staal.

Available: www.vanstarkenburg.com/militaria

Regards,

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I know that, one of the colourful options of this kit is, next to really nice French Version, a Spanish one.

Best Regards

Stefan