1/24 Tamiya Mercedes AMG GT3

Hi guys, this is the final reveal of the Mercedes AMG GT3 race car. This was a challenging kit to build for me, the kit decals were very thick, I had to use Tamiya X20A thinner to soften the decals on the rear wing and the carbon decals to get them to settle down, also I found the rear lights tricky to install. In order to preserve the matt finish on the body, I used Deluxe Materials Glue and Glaze to attach all of the lights and the windows etc, including the door handles and the mirrors to avoid marking the matt finish. Overall, for my first performance race car that I've ever built, I am happy with how it turned out. Enjoy the ride guys! Finally, you can see my work in progress of this build below.

QpcFb3p.jpg
PC0YShr.jpg
M0x6y8y.jpg
YwPbS7M.jpg
JJjF312.jpg
mnc4naz.jpg
joDEkJL.jpg
ro7t706.jpg
cOBozT6.jpg
XLj3KQN.jpg
JnMMJJv.jpg
8NIfEqy.jpg
4acl2Xt.jpg
mwrk2qd.jpg
2fpd4Jq.jpg
QWbW0TM.jpg
bzPzAEI.jpg
9LX0Rt9.jpg
6FPhOET.jpg
yELJns8.jpg
o2wAslg.jpg

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm not normally a car builder, but for some reason this kit appeals to me :shrug:  That and the forthcoming Belkits Manta :hmmm: am I coming down with something? :zombie:

Yes i too am not an avid car builder,but this was perfect for a birthday present for my Nephew,he loves it by the way !

• Like 1